DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

clarifying hardware specs and app requirements

tws

Reactions
greetings mavic pilots,

I'm considering the dji mini 2 drone. the only 64 bit device i have to operate it is a samsung galaxy tablet s6 - which is fairly large.

what i need to know is will the DJI Mavic Air 2 Remote Controller Tablet Holder mount my tablet and if so what cable will i need. the samsung uses usb 3.

maybe someone has gone this hardware route and has the answers available or a link to exactly these components all rigged up.

i trust that the android app DJI FLY will run on my samsung s6

thanks for any clarity,

tws

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland tws.

I have the MA2 which has the same controller as the mini2 and I fly with a iPad mini4.

The mini4 and your tablet will not fit in the stock controller, but you can purchase an adapter that will accommodate larger devices.

Here are some examples.

The small J type adapter works well with the mini4 and the stock cable from DJI works fine.

I have read comments about the weight of tablets being used and the stress that may occur on the antennae / holder.

It's designed for a phone and not a tablet. Over time it may break something?

Until that time comes, I'll fly with the mini4.

Here's a post I did for a lanyard that really helps to take the weight from the hands and makes the rig manageable.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Using the tablet have a look in Google play store for the app, if you can see it there is a fair chance it will work and vice versa . You do not need the drone to install the app and test some of its features

wow thanks all for the swift feedback. appreciate it!

yes the app will install on my s6... will report back as things proceed.

thanks again,

tws

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54