DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Class Action for Bad Batteries?

Or....you buy a VW believing the emissions to be below a certain level.

Then you find out they are not and are charged taxes based on the true emissions.

Is it:
A) Your fault because you didn't read the manual.

B) VW's fault....

:D

Reactions: The Fat Controller
Or....you buy a VW believing the emissions to be below a certain level.

Then you find out they are not and are charged taxes based on the true emissions.

Is it:
A) Your fault because you didn't read the manual.

B) VW's fault....

:D

I like your retort, but analogy doesn’t apply in this case and comes under cheating and skullduggery.

Reactions: Clinton1
If you leave any Lipo battery for that long, it is going to happen, not just DJI batteries. That is part of this hobby, you should have schooled yourself on the proper use of Lipo's. Sorry for your loss, but hopefully you have now learned.
I have a crap ton of power tool batteries and RC car batteries and none have failed after sitting for any time. Its a silly crappy product. Im going to see if my credit card company will help replace it under their extended warranty feature....

Yeah I was only messingThumbswayup

Good analogy on your part though;)
I don't get it. I charged and used a battery two times. Thats acceptable? Doesn't the battery have a feature to reduce charge for storing? I know you guys know everything and think its always the users fault when its not you but thats because companies like DJI provide crappy support and you guys eat it.

I have a crap ton of power tool batteries and RC car batteries and none have failed after sitting for any time. Its a silly crappy product. Im going to see if my credit card company will help replace it under their extended warranty feature....
I thought you were going the litigious route? Already backing down. You know you are not going to do anything about this other than coming on here and having a rant and insulting people who don't agree with you and are happy with their product, and understand the technology that they have purchased.
What's going to be your next course of action? "im going to tell my mum" ?

I don't get it. I charged and used a battery two times. Thats acceptable? Doesn't the battery have a feature to reduce charge for storing? I know you guys know everything and think its always the users fault when its not you but thats because companies like DJI provide crappy support and you guys eat it.
Why did you even bother coming on here in the first place? Your whining & stamping of your feet because most of us have pointed out that you failed to follow the most basic maintenance tasks on your battery is so petty! You messed up, admit it, buy a new battery, and get back to flying! I look forward to your next thread, ‘my drone flew away all on its own and it’s DJI’s fault’

You had the Mavic for 11 months, and charged twice? So that's > 3 months between charge. Why would you spent $1k on a drone and hardly use it? It's like keeping a bird in a cage.

Just because someone has bought a drone, doesn't meant they have to be out there flying it 24/7, no matter how much it costs.

I don't use my Mavic no where near as much as I thought I would when I bought it.
It's there though when I do need it (mostly when I go travelling).

It can go months before I use it too, but I'd never get rid of it.
It's not costing me any more than the initial price by sitting there (unless I want to upgrade, which I don't).

OP, stop letting it get to you. You think it's DJI, they will say it's you.
All thats going to happen here is you getting more and more mad on here and people then shouting you down.

You'll then just probably just end up buying a new battery anyway.

Do the latter and skip the rest.
Then go fly your Mavic, take some shots then come post them on here and talk about how great it is flying.

It will do your blood pressure no end of good.;)Thumbswayup

Still. 2 charges in 11 months, for a $1k drone.
Isn’t like buying an expensive leather shoe, wore it twice and then stuff in the cupboard. 11 month’s later, it’s got mold and starting to rot. Who’s fault is that? Ask for a free replacement or class action? Even a car left on the garage for months might have trouble with its battery an engine.

I straight up do not believe you when you say you have a crapton of batterys that you leave lying around for months without charging and they work fine. Especially Li-Po cells. They just do not work like that.

I am new here but have been watching this thread (and others like it) for a while now. I know the proper treatment and maintenance of these batteries. However. There are several videos on you tube of people fixing batteries from DJI. It is a faulty chip. I have a Phantom 4 Pro Plus and an Inspire 1with 3 batteries each. Over the last year(even though I take good care of them 5 of 6 show no lights or will charge. Hurricane Dorian came and our streets flooded. I was going to use my phantom to get shot for the HOA and the county. Now, before the hurricane came, I charged my last phantom battery and my controller and goggles so it would be ready when it was over a day &1/2 later. I get my drone out... guess what...battery is completely dead. So that is number 6. I am betting that if it was opened(and I may do it to prove a point) that it is 100% charged and I as a bad chip. So this is not all consumer error. It is partly bad components. I am also betting if I rechipped all the batteries, I would have 6 working batteries. The bottom line is, these batteries are between 150 and $200 each. For that kind of money they could use a $10 chip instead of a dollar chip. The cost to replace my batteries will be astronomical. And at this point in time I have no operational drones. And add one final point, my Phantom 4 Pro Plus came with a battery that had no lights and wouldn't charge. This is turned into an unacceptable trend. Businesses putting out products with crappy parts in them. Case in point Apple. The MacBook Pro with a touch bar. If the keyboard goes bad which is a known issue. You have to pay for the keyboard, the battery, the screen, the touch bar, and the top casing to be replaced if it's not under warranty or under AppleCare. That is a prime example of the consumer footing the bill for bad design. That is exactly what's going on here with DJI's batteries. One faulty part and it cost the consumer between 150 and 200 bucks when it should have been designed properly in the first place. The only way these companies will learn is to put a dent in their profits.

Reactions: Brewbud
I am new here but have been watching this thread (and others like it) for a while now. I know the proper treatment and maintenance of these batteries. However. There are several videos on you tube of people fixing batteries from DJI. It is a faulty chip. I have a Phantom 4 Pro Plus and an Inspire 1with 3 batteries each. Over the last year(even though I take good care of them 5 of 6 show no lights or will charge. Hurricane Dorian came and our streets flooded. I was going to use my phantom to get shot for the HOA and the county. Now, before the hurricane came, I charged my last phantom battery and my controller and goggles so it would be ready when it was over a day &1/2 later. I get my drone out... guess what...battery is completely dead. So that is number 6. I am betting that if it was opened(and I may do it to prove a point) that it is 100% charged and I as a bad chip. So this is not all consumer error. It is partly bad components. I am also betting if I rechipped all the batteries, I would have 6 working batteries. The bottom line is, these batteries are between 150 and $200 each. For that kind of money they could use a $10 chip instead of a dollar chip. The cost to replace my batteries will be astronomical. And at this point in time I have no operational drones. And add one final point, my Phantom 4 Pro Plus came with a battery that had no lights and wouldn't charge. This is turned into an unacceptable trend. Businesses putting out products with crappy parts in them. Case in point Apple. The MacBook Pro with a touch bar. If the keyboard goes bad which is a known issue. You have to pay for the keyboard, the battery, the screen, the touch bar, and the top casing to be replaced if it's not under warranty or under AppleCare. That is a prime example of the consumer footing the bill for bad design. That is exactly what's going on here with DJI's batteries. One faulty part and it cost the consumer between 150 and 200 bucks when it should have been designed properly in the first place. The only way these companies will learn is to put a dent in their profits.

I'm curious why you think this has anything to do with a defective chip instead of the known limitations of LiPo battery chemistry?

Reactions: Elude
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Va1entin