DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Class E due to small airport

Oh my, you are restricted there. Sorry to hear that. I was hoping your situation was like mine. Yep, I'm sure that TFR's include everyone but the recreational fliers who aren't "connected" probably won't know. Hmmm, your question makes me wonder if my DJI GO4 App would announce a TFR during take-off. I would not want to be a rec. drone flier spotted flying during a TFR.

My 2nd house was 1 mile dead center off a public main 4000 foot runway. I can testify that I have seen planes less than 100 feet off the ground during approach. Not all pilots are experts. Experienced pilots planes will purr like a kitten, if the props aren't set correctly the bad ones will wake the dead. When the airport wanted to expand to 5000 feet, (To allow the next size jet plane, they get revenue on gas sales) The neighborhood(s) got together and petitioned for this not to happen. There is no argument on who owns what. We were told the airspace above 35 feet was the governments. They do what they want to do. It wasn't until we got the politicians involved that it finally got dis-approved.

Yes, 1 mile is getting pretty close. Have never heard anything about airspace above 35'. Sorting it all out is a bit confusing. I have seen some small plane traffic overhead of my property but they seem to be 1000' or so. No idea which airport they are going for/out of. Still, I am in line with the runway of the airport being discussed even though 5 miles away. Can't imagine one of them being low enough to be affected by my backyard flying but I'm just trying to play by the rules and be safe for everyone.

Oh my, you are restricted there. Sorry to hear that. I was hoping your situation was like mine. Yep, I'm sure that TFR's include everyone but the recreational fliers who aren't "connected" probably won't know. Hmmm, your question makes me wonder if my DJI GO4 App would announce a TFR during take-off. I would not want to be a rec. drone flier spotted flying during a TFR.

My background is with the US Secret Service and trust me you don't want to mess around with flying a drone anywhere near a visit. Having Mar-A-Lago nearby is a pain all around no matter what you are driving....boat, car, drone....

Yes, 1 mile is getting pretty close. Have never heard anything about airspace above 35'. Sorting it all out is a bit confusing. I have seen some small plane traffic overhead of my property but they seem to be 1000' or so. No idea which airport they are going for/out of. Still, I am in line with the runway of the airport being discussed even though 5 miles away. Can't imagine one of them being low enough to be affected by my backyard flying but I'm just trying to play by the rules and be safe for everyone.

We are happy to see that you are a responsible flier. Have you downloaded Kittyhawk or B4UFly on your phone? You can contact an ATC acting agency through your app each time you fly. It puts you in touch with agents acting on behalf of FAA ATC in your area and will give you almost immediate permission (or otherwise) to fly. It's much like a pilot calling AFC as they approach an airport.

We are happy to see that you are a responsible flier. Have you downloaded Kittyhawk or B4UFly on your phone? You can contact an ATC acting agency through your app each time you fly. It puts you in touch with agents acting on behalf of FAA ATC in your area and will give you almost immediate permission (or otherwise) to fly. It's much like a pilot calling AFC as they approach an airport.

Yes, downloaded all of the above and more. I really appreciate you knowledgeable folks helping me out with my beginner questions. Just trying to avoid being one of the ignorant or uneducated guys that cause problems for the vast majority who are more responsible.

Reactions: Mavic Maveric
Yes, downloaded all of the above and more. I really appreciate you knowledgeable folks helping me out with my beginner questions. Just trying to avoid being one of the ignorant or uneducated guys that cause problems for the vast majority who are more responsible.

You're a good person. Have fun and I hope you are able to fly often.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu