DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CNN Awarded First FAA Waiver Allowing Drone Flights Over Crowds

Interesting read, and the drone company did well to read where the rules and regulations were going to develop this drones features.
Yeah, it sounds like one of those box drones I've seen advertised for kids, with hexagonal body/motor modules for different configurations, all held together by magnetic snap-on construction with power/signal included in the connection. Sort of slick; it is also designed to fail at the magnetic joints under stress.

I bet there will be a jillion like it available for Christmas this time next year. Innovative engineering.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I'm not sure why some places are "reporting" this as new. This was issued to CNN in August 2016.

8/29/2016 8/31/2020 Cable News Network, Inc. (CNN) Greg Agvent (PDF) 107.39 Operation Over Human Beings

Also take notice it was "Revised" in July of 2017.
7/20/2017 7/31/2021 Cable News Network, Inc. (CNN) David Vigilante (PDF) 107.39

Here's a link to the actual waiver if anyone wants to review it
CNN 107.39 Waiver

Reactions: PT_Mavic
I'm not sure why some places are "reporting" this as new. This was issued to CNN in August 2016.

8/29/2016 8/31/2020 Cable News Network, Inc. (CNN) Greg Agvent (PDF) 107.39 Operation Over Human Beings

Also take notice it was "Revised" in July of 2017.
7/20/2017 7/31/2021 Cable News Network, Inc. (CNN) David Vigilante (PDF) 107.39

Here's a link to the actual waiver if anyone wants to review it
CNN 107.39 Waiver
Is there any way to get a copy of their application? Are they public information? I've read a lot of waivers, but never been able to find the applications.

Is there any way to get a copy of their application? Are they public information? I've read a lot of waivers, but never been able to find the applications.

I don't know about the actual application. When we did Section 333's they were public record but I've never seen the P107 applications online.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7