DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Coast-to-coast offline map option?

goldenhelix

Reactions
Hey! New to the forum. Hope everyone's enjoying their spring flight plans!

I just picked up the Mavic Air and I went the route of a second mobile phone (Huawei Ascend XT, no SIM, optimized) instead of my current cellphone, which was a pain to link up with the controller (connection is dodgy and I have to take off my Otterbox every time).

With this second screen strictly for offline use, I am trying to come up with a system to get my maps offline. The DJI GO app (most recent one) uses Mapbox to select a region, which is great when I'm local and around my neighborhood. But I'm also planning a cross-country road-trip next month and would love to just automatically have my entire map/route and flight plan ready to go so I can fire up drone, phone, and controller, and get to shooting...wherever I feel like it.

Rather than download it one Mapbox square at a time, is there a better way to do this? Can't I just force the phone somehow to download the entire country? Or am I locked to flying this mapless and just keeping it within my sights?

Let me know--I'd love to find out more on how this should hopefully work...thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J