DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Coffee shop show and tell

Bob4131

Reactions
I have posted several photos of "landmarks" around our small town - courthouse, churches, etc. - on a Facebook page of the town. Several folks like my photos. I was recently asked to give a talk about drones at a local coffee shop. They often have people come in and talk about hobbies or town history, etc..
I am certainly no expert on UAS but I would like to convey that drones can be fun, safe and I am not looking in your window. I would be talking to regular folks not giving a technical briefing. I have had drones for 2 years but do not have a 107. I am not looking for business.
Thoughts? Pros / cons? If you were doing it, what would you cover? I assume my audience would be people just curious about drones and what to get out of their house. I figure I would show some photos around town but not sure to do a "slide show" or just have them cycle through on a screen as I talk.

Thanks. Bob

Reactions: AMann
Multimedia is good- I do wildlife presentations and mix the display- use it as a background for some of your program and show one ot two good videos. I bet you could even use some of the great examples people have posted here. Also include a brief part about safety, the regs and responsible drone piloting. Definitely have a demo of some sort, but the coffee shop may want you not to take the customers outside and away! ;) Allow time for questions.

I would approach the subject from your personal experience and since it seems to be photography I would also have some photos and videos mixed in as well.
Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Reactions: Bob4131
I think your plan is solid. If it was me, I would have a large display screen to show pretty pictures with slides to support your points. I would specifically include a shot with people from a reasonable altitude to show how they tend to look like ants to help dispel the myth that drones are spying on people.

I think, at least in part, explaining the differences between drones as a hobby and in commercial (ie getting your Part 107) use would be good. I believe many people don't understand these and it would help with dispelling the idea that all camera drones are being used for "spying". Good luck! It sounds like fun :)

Reactions: Bob4131
i kinda dropped the ball on going to a cival air patroll meeting and joining for the same reasons. people really think they are like the mil spec ones! and yeah im not looking on your window either!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan