DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Color grading DLOG

We can be surprised. In my channel, 65% are mobile 35% are computer users. There are still people using computers. I do.

I use a computer too but due to bandwidth it never defaults to 4k. I am lucky to get 2k. If I hard select 4K I have to wait. It is an embarrassment for the US, I know.

I do not see that. Maybe it is your content?
ScreenShot_2021-12-01_13.19.48.png

100,000 views and I bet 80+% of them watch it at 1080P or less. Most people watch things on their phone or tablet. Most of this fuss over color grading and 5K HD just goes to waste. It is no surprise to me.

One of my most popular videos on YouTube looks like it was shot on a potato!
On the contrary, I just shot a bunch of snowy winter video in 5 and 4K, some at 120 FPS for slow motion water, the rest at 5k 50fps because it’s full of tuns. Shot it all in Cine mode.

I intend to do a lot of digital pans zooms and crops. Very little of the 5k res I used will stay at 5k, if the focus holds some of it will be cropped to 1080 or even 720 if it holds its focus.

But ya anyone not intending to do digital crops zooms and pans just waisted $3000 Canadian on a drone. I agree I don’t get the fuss. And 100% watched at 1080 or less, I don’t bother to even upload anything beyond that it’s pointless.

Reactions: DebianDog
I mostly shoot photos and don't film in anything other than normal for my own video. I don't do a lot of my own video (I am too impatient for good editing!)

However, I do shoot video for local films and commercials (with Phantom 4 Pro), and they are typically using ProRes. So the M3 Cine will allow me to provide them with more compatible files and hopefully, they will call me more often when there isn't a specific need for an Inspire 2.

I mostly shoot photos and don't film in anything other than normal for my own video. I don't do a lot of my own video (I am too impatient for good editing!)

However, I do shoot video for local films and commercials (with Phantom 4 Pro), and they are typically using ProRes. So the M3 Cine will allow me to provide them with more compatible files and hopefully, they will call me more often when there isn't a specific need for an Inspire 2.
I really enjoy editing video it’s my favourite part, takes a while to learn it though.

I just shot a bunch of snowy winter video in 5 and 4K, some at 120 FPS for slow motion water, the rest at 5k 50fps
When you render your video what frame rate do you usually output at?...... I am curious if 5K 50fps works cleanly when changed to 30fps. 5k 60fps would be an easier translation but its not an option on the Mavic 3 as you clearly know.

So I got the Mavic 3 and shot in DLOG H.265 4k30 and used the film poet LUTs and love the results, does anyone else have these luts?

What shutter did you have set when you first picked up the controller?

When you render your video what frame rate do you usually output at?...... I am curious if 5K 50fps works cleanly when changed to 30fps. 5k 60fps would be an easier translation but its not an option on the Mavic 3 as you clearly know.
Ya I spent 4 hours editing and messing around with the Mavic video last night that I shot earlier yesterday. I haven’t saved a master final cut yet, but I did tell the timeline in FCPX the highest res was 60fps and 5k, but I did shoot some at 120fps in 4K. I haven’t had any issues yet that I’ve noticed? I can tell you the video is excellent for working in post. Having 4K in 120 fps from a 4/3rds sensor is a game changer when cropping a waterfalls piece of video. Not even the x5s could do that without the extra licensing and SSD. And cropping the 5k with the 4/3rds sensor is giving insane results lol.

I will be posting a video latter tonight so you and others can be the judge of the M3 sensor capabilities in post production. I deliberately did more digital pans zooms and cropping then I typically would, so the video will not make it to my personal web page, but it will suffice to give my fellow M3 owners a good look at what’s possible with this camera sensor.

Reactions: Point Zero
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ifish4bass