DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Come On Not Again!

-MavicMiniPilot

Reactions

Here I have seem to have found a little viewed YouTube video where someone gets their phantom and claims to fly to 1000ft.
At around 2:50-3:00 he seems to be the highest. This was filmed as it says in the description Saginaw Michigan. He could have very well been in the way of any helicopters or low flying aircraft. I’m not sure if this person was not aware of the 400ft thing or not. This same exact person has done the same thing with a phantom 3.

I hate beating people up for this but someone needs to break the news to him and other people who range test drones. It’s just unsafe.

FAA never did anything about the dude flying into a Bengals game, I doubt this even pings their radar.

This is very very old , and the rules were much different back than.
The forum does a good job at keep VLOS Breakers at bay with all its Current Rules in force.

I do here some chatter of those thinking spotters are the way to Valhalla as many of us once did but its not.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Reactions: GFields and ScottNH
This is very very old , and the rules were much different back than.
The forum does a good job at keep VLOS Breakers at bay with all its Current Rules in force.

I do here some chatter of those thinking spotters are the way to Valhalla as many of us once did but its not.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.
You're right. I didn't click thru to YouTube to see the date.

I've topped out my DJI Air 2 at 1600 feet flying up the side of a mountain.
Same here with my Mini-2s.

I live in a canyon, and there are places on the opposite wall where I can be at 1600 ft ATL, and well under 400 ft AGL.

It makes for some pretty awesome panoramic shots!

:)

FAA never did anything about the dude flying into a Bengals game, I doubt this even pings their radar.
You don't know that for a fact. Just because you were not personally informed does not mean nothing happened or will happen. :)

Here I have seem to have found a little viewed YouTube video where someone gets their phantom and claims to fly to 1000ft.
At around 2:50-3:00 he seems to be the highest. This was filmed as it says in the description Saginaw Michigan. He could have very well been in the way of any helicopters or low flying aircraft. I’m not sure if this person was not aware of the 400ft thing or not. This same exact person has done the same thing with a phantom 3.

I hate beating people up for this but someone needs to break the news to him and other people who range test drones. It’s just unsafe.
I always hope that people like this get fined according to what they did, but too often nothing happens to them, so a new irresponsible pilot arises every week (daily maybe?)
The thing is that they do have the footage to prove what he did, not sure why no one does anything...

Reactions: -MavicMiniPilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147