DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Comments you get while flying your drone

Mav.phant.inspire

Reactions
I was flying yesterday in a fairly public situation and for not the first time I noticed that so many people swagger on up to you and say: sweet, does that thing like take good pictures?, You know there was this guy that crashed one of those on the whitehouse lawn eh?, they call that a “drone” right?, I got a Mavic Pro back at home (FYI), can you put that on Facebook?

My answer: Just give me a sec plz I’m just getting this shot, i don’t have Facebook, and I don’t fly at the whitehouse.

Ok, your turn what are some things people say, ask, or do when yer trying to fly yer drone?

Was it you at Gatwick/Heathrow airporto_O:mad:
Can I have a look at your screen to see what the drone sees:cool:
How easy are they to fly;)
Should you be flying that here:rolleyes:o_O
How much does it cost;)
Is that a maverick :rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O bloody maverick.....:oops:
Do you need a license:rolleyes:
How far can it go:)

I always land my drone while being questioned, I’m a man I can’t multitask..... plus it’s better to be safeThumbswayup

i have found that since i started to wear a hi vis vest with drone pilot on the back that people tend to stay away from me but i have heard all the airport comments and plenty of others as well if someone is really interested in finding out about the drone then i like others will land and then talk to them.

Reactions: DMT and JSKCKNIT
Was it you at Gatwick/Heathrow airporto_O:mad:
Can I have a look at your screen to see what the drone sees:cool:
How easy are they to fly;)
Should you be flying that here:rolleyes:o_O
How much does it cost;)
Is that a maverick :rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O bloody maverick.....:oops:
Do you need a license:rolleyes:
How far can it go:)

I always land my drone while being questioned, I’m a man I can’t multitask..... plus it’s better to be safeThumbswayup
I get the "how far can you go ? " and " how much does it cost?" question all the time.
sometimes difficult to answer some of these question in front of the wife...

I get the "how far can you go ? " and " how much does it cost?" question all the time.
sometimes difficult to answer some of these question in front of the wife...
for the distance i always say VLOS. and cost i say there are not cheap and leave it at.the only problem with that is you then have to explain what VLOS means they usually loose interest by then

I try to hide so I don’t get bothered while flying, but yes, I’ve got asked every question here.
How much..... Too much, 15yr loan
How far.... Europe and back
How long can..... been flying since yesterday
The funny part is, most believe me[emoji38]
thats the sad part about it if you said you can fly 20 miles away they would believe you

Reactions: bronze661
I tend to go to remote places, so don’t see people very often when flying. On the odd occasion I have it’s the normal
How high ?
How far ?
How much ?
Are the pictures any good?

Reactions: mereflyer
How far, how high, how long (battery life), how much?
Those that don't ask just give me an evil eye ;)

I get all of the above, but the best one was last weekend..."That thing has a camera, right? I lost my keys in that field while walking my dog just now. Would that drone be helpful to find those keys?"

I actually did a few passes to try to spot them, but she found them before I had a chance at hero-dom. :)

I had one guy ask me how long of flight time I had while I was flying M2P and I said it was rated at 31 minutes. He was shocked he said that he thought they had at least an hour flight time... I wish... I really common annoying one is: you should go spy on my buddies house!

you should never own a drone!

I was flying on the edge of our small town and the same kid came up to me 3 different times telling me that I stole his friends drone and was flying it without his friends permission . Once when I was landing it he came running up and he said he was taking it back to his friend the owner .
I was starting to see red

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb