DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Commmercial test

Discostu

Reactions
Hi all
New guy here... bricking it!
Got my Mavic Pro. Love it. Love the possibilities of what it can offer my business.
So I'm booked in for my license test in mid March. Enough time? I'm only saying that, as the people I'm doing the course with are trying to get me to book an extra 2 days with them (at a cost, obviously) to do flight training.
With the Mavic not being able to be put in Atti mode, does anyone know what kind of manoeuvres that you're asked to complete for the examiner?
I'm practising when I can, and on the simulator... but not really sure what I should be practising! Any help would be massively appreciated!

Hi all
Got my Mavic Pro. Love it. Love the possibilities of what it can offer my business.
So I'm booked in for my license test in mid March. Enough time? I'm only saying that, as the people I'm doing the course with are trying to get me to book an extra 2 days with them (at a cost, obviously) to do flight training.
With the Mavic not being able to be put in Atti mode, does anyone know what kind of manoeuvres that you're asked to complete for the examiner?
I'm practising when I can, and on the simulator... but not really sure what I should be practising! Any help would be massively appreciated!
Mid March should be plenty of time if you study. All study material is available on the FAA website.

No, practical demo is NOT required for US part 107.

Hi all
Howdy from Wyoming @Discostu , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here. Good luck on your test.

Mid March should be plenty of time if you study. All study material is available on the FAA website.

No, practical demo is NOT required for US part 107.
Maybe the country where he's from does require one?

Meant to say... I'm in the UK.
Pro tip: If you add your location - country only is fine - to your profile, you'll get more tailored responses. Also introduce yourself in Pilot Check-in forum.

My practical test for the Dutch RPA-L certificate (up to 25kg rotorcraft) was as follows:

All was done in full manual, no GPS, no Altitude hold, with standard mid sized quad copter from the NLR with dual Futuba RC's (trainer/teacher) no centring throttle(!). Winds were 5-7m/s with gusts of 12m/s

1st part, Basic flight test:

Pre flight Checklist
Being able to hover steadily over a point for 5 minutes.
Being able to fly a square, nose out and nose in, hovering precisely over each corner (pions).
Flying a circle nose out and in
Being able to fly an eight, nose out and nose in.
Regain control after (simulated) temporarily signal loss/fly away
Regain sight and control after temporarily loss of sight at 500m (max legal distance)
Emergency landing
Moving to alternative location while flying
Take offs and Precision landings, several
After flight checklist
Filling in the log

2nd part, real life situation
Briefing the crew and client
Pre flight checklist
Flying an inspection for a client
Dealing with the client while flying
Pilot in Command - Observer communication
After flight checklist, debriefing, log

Took about 30 minutes in total.

I think Netherlands is quite the same as the UK.
We had the choice for EuroSC (from UK) or NLR (Dutch National Space and Aviation Lab).

We had to prove our skills first on a CP heli simulator before we were allowed to actually fly the quads.

Last edited:
Look up 'the editor' at InspirePilots forum. He's a UK commercial pilot/trainer and knows everything you need to know. Lots of searchable posts from him about the subject.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2p123