DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Comparing the ipad mini to ipad for display

Rchawks

Reactions
Do you really lose that much visual with the mini over the ipad? Does it fit in the holder without a mount? I like the standard ipad but it's bulky. Also is a longer cab required for the mini like it is on a standard ipad?

I use the DJI cable that came with the Air 2 with my iPad Mini and it works just fine. Need to get a small mount for the Mini to work.

I couldn’t imagine using a standard iPad as the Mini feels big enough.

Reactions: Rchawks
It's probably the brightness that's more of an issue, most Ipads and Ipad mini's have a brightness around 500nits

Reactions: Rchawks
Yea both really suck as far as brightness....not sure on the ipad mini 5, but my ipad 6th gen was horrible....i had to constantly find a shaded area and sometimes that wasnt feasible....cant complain now tho the galaxy s20 surprised the heck out of me with brightness and ability to sustain it.

I use a 9.7” iPad Air 2 mounted on a PGYTECH table holder on the MA2. It is far more balanced than the Mini 5. The screen is much larger, and the weight is better distributed over a larger area, instead of concentrated in the center like a rock, with the Mini 5. I can easily pick up and hold the combination by the top of the iPad. I use a Mini 5 for daily use, for everything except flying, where I only use full sized iPads. The original Inspire was designed to use a full sized iPad. It is still the optimal size for all drone pilots for composition and reading the telemetry. Anything smaller is a compromise. Cell phones are the worst, but very convenient. If screen brightness is a problem, find some shade, or carry an umbrella. You'll be cooler, too! ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swaggyC