DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Compass/orientation symbol not showing

I thought that’s what I said... And why I told him not to update the app. I have both, my phone has the older version with the good orientation indicator, unfortunately my iPad mini has the updated version with the useless attitude indicator.
Yes, you referred to the version of the app, but the post you quoted did not, but rather mentioned what firmware the AC had. That was an inconsistency.

OK folks, let's make this clear.
There are 3 software components.

AC firmware
Rc firmware
App version.

Firmware version of AC and RC is not relevant to the issue so please, no more references to firmware when discussing the change of indicators.

What is relevant is the app and it's version. DJI has the orientation indicator up to and including app version 1.2.1
With version 1.2.2 DJI removed the orientation indicator and replaced it with the attitude indicator.

With iOS, the app is usually updated through App Store, often automatically

With Android, the app is updated through Google Play, again often automatically
However this time, for whatever reason, DJI did not distribute the app update through Google Play. Instead you have to obtain the update by downloading from DJI site and installing.

The app cannot update itself like it can update AC/RC firmware.

OK folks, let's make this clear.
There are 3 software components.

AC firmware
Rc firmware
App version.

Firmware version of AC and RC is not relevant to the issue so please, no more references to firmware when discussing the change of indicators.

What is relevant is the app and it's version. DJI has the orientation indicator up to and including app version 1.2.1
With version 1.2.2 DJI removed the orientation indicator and replaced it with the attitude indicator.

With iOS, the app is usually updated through App Store, often automatically

With Android, the app is updated through Google Play, again often automatically
However this time, for whatever reason, DJI did not distribute the app update through Google Play. Instead you have to obtain the update by downloading from DJI site and installing.

The app cannot update itself like it can update AC/RC firmware.
Thanks Danman32
this post has explained the whole app /firmware thing brilliantly to me.
I didn't understand it until i just read your post then it all fell into place.
Thanks for your help and advise. ??

Reactions: A.O.
I just removed the app from my android phone (galaxy s20) and reinstalled fr the play store and have it back.

Why on earth would dji think the most useful feature on the app should be removed ?

Reactions: A.O.
I just removed the app from my android phone (galaxy s20) and reinstalled fr the play store and have it back.

Why on earth would dji think the most useful feature on the app should be removed ?
Dang good question!!!!!

Reactions: RobertR
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB