DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Computer Monitor

Newislemedia

Reactions
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm looking at buying an ultra wide monitor for editing and producing videos with my Aurora R12. It has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6. It also has 32GB DDR4, 3200MHz, of RAM. What confuses me about the process of buying a new monitor is some people tell me to stick with a 27 inch gaming monitor and some people say ultra wide is the way to go. What do you guys think? Thanks

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm looking at buying an ultra wide monitor for editing and producing videos with my Aurora R12. It has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6GB GDDR6. It also has 32GB DDR4, 3200MHz, of RAM. What confuses me about the process of buying a new monitor is some people tell me to stick with a 27 inch gaming monitor and some people say ultra wide is the way to go. What do you guys think? Thanks
With that video card, you got most everything covered very well. Any large monitor should work for video / pic editing with the card. Unless you game a lot - the non-gaming monitor should work fine - esp if it runs on DVI or even better a HDMI cable. If VGA - then that might not be a good choice, but don't think your card even supports a VGA slot. Most above the 1030 no longer have VGA and most don't even have DVI anymore. Most are HDMI cable alone.

If you intend to distribute your video to others, the most important thing is to make sure your monitor is calibrated to the standard your customer needs. Most of the time this is rec 709, but not for HDR. The quality of a monitor is largely determined by how well it displays the video in the desired standard. Most monitors can be calibrated using 3rd party hardware/software combos.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock