DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Computer requirements for Mavic2P

ballerhe75

Reactions
I could open MP 4K videos but with new M2P 4K videos do not open. Get a message about code.

Computer, Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series.
Processor, Intel i7 7500 CPU @2.7 GHz, 2.9GHz.
64 bit operating system. x64 based processor.
Quad core.

My son-in-laws “Godzilla” computer can open then. I do not know what his computer specs are.

Your file was most likely recorded in the H.265 codec. Not all video players have this codec. HERE is a good tutorial on how to get the Codec for Windows 10

**EDIT** Microsoft now charges $.99 US to get the Codec but they offer it free from HERE

Last edited:
Hard to tell by the info provided but you state it is a new M2P. Perhaps you need to change the default recording format from MOV to MP4 for your Windows computer.

Try installing the Codec, restart and see if it works CODEC IS HERE
Or try recording in H.264 instead of H.265

Hard to tell by the info provided but you state it is a new M2P. Perhaps you need to change the default recording format from MOV to MP4 for your Windows computer.

It's almost certainly the codec (H.265), not the container (MOV or MP4) that is causing the problem.

It's almost certainly the codec (H.265), not the container (MOV or MP4) that is causing the problem.
You are probably right. I shall return to the simpler world of the MP.

The H.265 codec is much better if you can get it installed, it retains quite a bit more detail.

I could open MP 4K videos but with new M2P 4K videos do not open. Get a message about code.

Computer, Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series.
Processor, Intel i7 7500 CPU @2.7 GHz, 2.9GHz.
64 bit operating system. x64 based processor.
Quad core.

My son-in-laws “Godzilla” computer can open then. I do not know what his computer specs are.

Hi,
Your general specs look okay for M2P 4k video playback. However, there might be a number of choke points that could prevent the files being opened, from amount of space left on your Inspiron's 'C' drive, to allow for swap files when the M2P 4k is trying to run, to the type/specs of the GPU. There might also be some dependent issues in relation to where you have stored the M2P 4k files as well as the OS being used on your Inspiron and what else you might have running in the background at the time you are attempting to open an M2P 4k file. Consider having a look on 'Task Manager' (if you are using a Windows OS) and look at what other resources are being used at the same time you are trying to open an MP4k file on the Inspiron. I haven't heard of any incompatibility issues in relation to the M2P 4k videos not opening, but keep "scratching" around, someone may have experienced a similar issue using a similar Dell device and have come up with a work-around. You might even try a search of the Dell 'Knowledge Base', since the M2P 4k file format is absolutely not unique to the Mavic or to videography systems generally used by DJI.

Ki kite ano

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Black Wolf