DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Comtroller battery life

xterior67

Reactions
Flew Mini first time today. Used one battery down to 8 minutes and flew about 15 on the second. About what is the average usage time can you expect on the controller? Will you get a warning on the controller when you are about to run out of battery?

Thanks
Jim

Reactions: old man mavic
Flew Mini first time today. Used one battery down to 8 minutes and flew about 15 on the second. About what is the average usage time can you expect on the controller? Will you get a warning on the controller when you are about to run out of battery?

Thanks
Jim
the controller will fly at least 3 batts at say 20 mins a flight, always have it fully charged before you fly, as the RC battery gets used up the lights on the front panel start to flash and after a while will go out, so 4 lights on =full battery 3 on= 75% 2 on=50% 1 on =25% the time will vary slightly with temperature, but because the MM controller doesn't have a screen display like other mavics the battery seems to last longer i have flow my three batts and still had 3 lights on and the 4th flashing

Reactions: Roostertails
I always charge everything to 100% before I go fly my Mavic Mini! Even my Huwawei Mate 20 Pro is usually above 90% during my flights. I'm not really worried about the TX(controller) battery, but rather the drone battery!

* How many days is it OK for the drone's battery to stay fully charged without flying the lil fella? I read that if we don't fly the drone for around 10 days then we should leave the battery to be at between 50% and 60% (storage voltage 3.7v to 3.8v or something like that).

I really want to keep y battery as fresh and awesome and good as possible. SO far I'm flying every day, I may skip one at most! I'm going to gets me 2 extra batteries for the lil fella, as I didn't get the Fly More Combo!

Also how quickly does your batteries charge, the drone ones? If I use a normal USB(like on my laptop) it takes over 3 hours to charge fully, if I use my Huwawei Mate 20 Pro charger it charges the Mini's battery, when its at 15%, for 55 minutes!

Sweet

PS: I apologize that I post about other batteries than the Mini's controller here, but lazyness hey..

:)

* How many days is it OK for the drone's battery to stay fully charged without flying the lil fella? I read that if we don't fly the drone for around 10 days then we should leave the battery to be at between 50% and 60% (storage voltage 3.7v to 3.8v or something like that).
You've read correct. 10 Days is max is recommended.

Also how quickly does your batteries charge, the drone ones? If I use a normal USB(like on my laptop) it takes over 3 hours to charge fully, if I use my Huwawei Mate 20 Pro charger it charges the Mini's battery, when its at 15%, for 55 minutes!
This is also true as your USB laptop is not QC capable, whereas the Huawei's is QC capable and can charge at 25W.

For the controller it all depends on teh phone you're connecting to it.
Apple phones are not charged by the controler (which is good in my mind)
Android ones are charged by the controler and so they draw the battery quite fast...

Reactions: dsmith2
For the controller it all depends on teh phone you're connecting to it.
Apple phones are not charged by the controler (which is good in my mind)
Android ones are charged by the controler and so they draw the battery quite fast...
Yep you need to change to Transfer Files mode on Android

Let's recycle some bits as this discussion also happened in the past. :)

Read the thread about workarounds and solutions.

Unless the tests used wrong current targets (and corresponding resistors), the workarounds are not reliable in all cases.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memotec