DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connecting smart controller to the internet ?

Humming.birdM2P

Reactions
Is there any good detailed tutorials out there on how to connect the SC to the internet?, I have been looking with no luck .
This is one of the biggest stumbling blocks I have run into with the SC , Trying to get connected !!

Thanks Chuck

Reactions: HH-1
Is there any good detailed tutorials out there on how to connect the SC to the internet?, I have been looking with no luck .
This is one of the biggest stumbling blocks I have run into with the SC , Trying to get connected !!

Thanks Chuck
Have you checked out the downloadable user manual..? The SC connects through WiFi, you find the manual here --> https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/smart+controller/20210122/DJI_Smart_Controller_User_Manual_EN.pdf ... start to read from page 15.

Reactions: HH-1 and Thomas B

Thanks Chuck
We struggled with the Menu System is that what you mean,
Pull down from the Top of the Screen for the Main Menu and remember to use the Button to go back , something that helped us not get stuck in the menu .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain/Snow

try under SC Settings, connect to available WiFi hotspot such as cellular hotspot or home router and enter credentials. In fact i apply SC updates over my WiFi at home as well as DjI’s assistant - never had an issue.

Hay you Guys
Thanks for getting back to me. Its all the little details I was looking for to get me to the finish line !. I know i need to be
loged on to the internet in wifi , thats just a general statement , so what app do i use what buttons do i push, the things i need to know to work through the process. Never done this before and at 82 you are lucky to remember yesterday let alone the tech stuff .That is why i was looking for a tutorial for guidance. the SC manual don't really tell you and no tutorial vids either that i can find. Sorry for the Rant

Thanks Chuck

Reactions: VanP
1612010541470.png
  1. Put finger on white bar in middle of top of screen
  2. Gently swipe down to show whole menu.
  3. Click the Settings icon. It'seems at top of menu as pictured above.
  4. Tap Wi-Fi
  5. Select your home network. *
  6. Connect and you should be good to update firmware.
* You can connect to your mobile phone's 4G network if necessary. Google setting up a wireless hot spot for your phone's brand and model.

There are situations where you have to change your WiFi settings because the current setting are blocking you from connecting. You can research how to change the settings to utilize your home WiFi. The easiest way to connect to internet is via your cell phone and the hot spot feature. It’s potentially better to do it via your phone because out in the field the SC will not have maps. If it’s connected to the hot spot out in the field your maps are good.

Thanks Marty & Meuzick
I will give it a try I am thinking Hot spots is the way to go. If i can get my I-phone & the SC talking Chinese to each other ILA have it made.

I would like to say thanks for all the helpful suggestions you guys gave me. I was able to get pass the road blocks and get the job done .Got a authorization # and flew around the field across the street..as i was landing a dog came from behind me and attacted the drone, he jumped up and was hit by one of the props the drone stayed up ,so i took it up to 8' or so and chased the mut off . I landed and checked every thing out only damage was a broken prop tip.I got lucky. I got 23 Min air time I was surprised ! we live at 7957' so flying at 8000' and 23 min is excellent I am a happy camper
Chuck

Last edited:
There are situations where you have to change your WiFi settings because the current setting are blocking you from connecting. You can research how to change the settings to utilize your home WiFi. The easiest way to connect to internet is via your cell phone and the hot spot feature. It’s potentially better to do it via your phone because out in the field the SC will not have maps. If it’s connected to the hot spot out in the field your maps are good.
I was not able to connect my SC to my iPhone personal hot spot to unlock the SC to take off under a LAANCE approval in class E air space and therefore I was not able to fly.

I was not able to connect my SC to my iPhone personal hot spot to unlock the SC to take off under a LAANCE approval in class E air space and therefore I was not able to fly.
Hello, I can only connect my SC to my iPhone hot spot while the WiFi is up at home and I am at home with my iPhone connected to my HOME WiFi. If I’m out in the field, or if I disconnect my HOME WiFi, then I cannot connect to my iPhone hot spot, which in this case uses cellular data. However, other android phones and devices connect just fine, but not the Mavic 3 SC. Is there a setting or a trick that I need to know about either on the SC or my iPhone? Thank you very much for any and all help.

Reactions: HH-1
Hello, I can only connect my SC to my iPhone hot spot while the WiFi is up at home and I am at home with my iPhone connected to my HOME WiFi. If I’m out in the field, or if I disconnect my HOME WiFi, then I cannot connect to my iPhone hot spot, which in this case uses cellular data. However, other android phones and devices connect just fine, but not the Mavic 3 SC. Is there a setting or a trick that I need to know about either on the SC or my iPhone? Thank you very much for any and all help.
I am currently fighting with mine as well, wish I could help. Looks like I will have to use Hot-Spot in phone. I'll let you know if it worked for me. It is not a priority project for me though.

Thanks Chuck
Here is another location for the manual, but it IS Version 1.8. https://www.dji.com › smart-controller › downloads
Hope this helps. Also, try your phone "Hot Spot" that is what I got mine to work on, and please don't ask for advice because, I am still learning how to get it all together, we can stumble together.

I picked mine up used and reset to factory, then set up my home wifi, updated the firmware and connected to my Mini 2, this thing is amazing! so much better than the factory controller, love not having to use my phone. takes me 30s now to be flying!

Reactions: eva2000
I picked mine up used and reset to factory, then set up my home wifi, updated the firmware and connected to my Mini 2, this thing is amazing! so much better than the factory controller, love not having to use my phone. takes me 30s now to be flying!
Did you use the controller that came with the mini 2? Or did you use a different controller or just your smart phone?

Did you use the controller that came with the mini 2? Or did you use a different controller or just your smart phone?
I used the factory controller that came with the mini 2 with my note 10 plus

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito