DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Continued mild frustration

45er

Reactions
Ok, this morning I take off and fly my Platinum about 1000 feet when all of a sudden, the picture froze. I returned home, turned off the battery and then turned it back on. It went through its start-up procedure and the camera seemed work fine. Took off again and flew out about 2000 feet, all working fine. Then the picture froze again. RTH worked fine and I went through the same procedure. Flew around close by for a few minutes and the camera worked fine.

The frustration of this is that I CAN'T TELL IF THIS DRONE IS MALFUNCTIONING OR ARE THESE INSTANCES JUST IDIOSYNCRASIES I NEED TO LEARN TO LIVE WITH? The problem isn't consistent.

Anyone have similar issues? Is there a setting that is causing this? I'm stumped.

Is it the DJI Go App freezing up or is it just the video signal cutting out?

Is it the DJI Go App freezing up or is it just the video signal cutting out?
Just the video signal. I RTH and the distances, altitude, battery life %, etc. etc. etc. all seem to operate normally. After landing, I activate the gimbel and it rotates as normal, just no picture change. This morning I had a nice shot of the top of my forest 1000' from my house on the screen until I turned off the battery and restarted everything. As stated above, this happened twice. The third time I flew it around a bit it worked fine.

Have you confirmed that this is happening to the video recorded at the Mavic i.e. is the video recorded to the SD card also showing the same lock-up?
It's possible that the Mavic is operating OK, but the link to your phone/tablet is what's going wrong ...???

I may have mislead some of you. I'm not recording any video during these flights. I'm talking about the "live" screen as seen through the drone camera while flying. That is what is "freezing" during flight, locking up on a single screen "view" until I can turn off the battery and start everything up again.

Then you should record some video, the point being to check after the flight whether you only have a video link issue or if the whole camera goes dead. If the recorded video is fine then it's not the latter.

Reactions: Slim.slamma
Flew this morning without a problem. Moved gimbal up and down and went up to 315 feet. Never lost a picture and I took some stills. Now to figure out why the "height" says 21 feet when the drone touches down on landing? LOL

That's probably the same height you got GPS lock after a quick take-off. Accurate altitude and RTH data relies on an accurate take-off i.e. wait to get full confirmation that you have GPS lock before you lift off.

I may have mislead some of you. I'm not recording any video during these flights. I'm talking about the "live" screen as seen through the drone camera while flying. That is what is "freezing" during flight, locking up on a single screen "view" until I can turn off the battery and start everything up again.
What phone / tablet are you using for your controller link? and - have you tried disconnecting the side cable on the controller, and using your mobile device charging USB cable from the USB 2.0 socket in the base of the controller, into the device??

What phone / tablet are you using for your controller link? and - have you tried disconnecting the side cable on the controller, and using your mobile device charging USB cable from the USB 2.0 socket in the base of the controller, into the device??
Using a brand new IPad. Cable is USB to LIghtning.

Video pixillation is not uncommon and a search on the subject will give you a lot of advice for a fix. I have found that toggling the camera type (photo/video) back and fourth sometimes fixes it.

Or you might want to try an earlier version of the Go4 App....every times it gets "updated", it gets more resource hungry, and if your device isn't up to it, (as in RAM) you may be seeing the effects of this.
Here, you can pick your version to try and find a sweet one for your setup:

DJI GO 4 for Android - APK Download

my bird is doing this as well, but my screen some times goes black, some times simply freezes as u state, my issue is i dunked mine in water back in feb so i have a underlying corrosion issue that a member here has pointed me in the right direction as how to aproach to repair it, i believe my issue is the gimbal control board corooded, not sure if your is same problem but same symtoms for sure

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS