DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Control GPS embedded in JPG or MP4

fiddlepilot

Reactions
If I upload any content I prefer not share GPS for privacy reasons.

If I upload photos to Flickr there is an option to strip Location EXIF on images. I’m not sure if that it applies to Videos though.

I prefer upload Videos to YouTube.

Besides manually editing the Images or Videos what are the options.

I’m not even sure it’s automatically included in Videos but I assume it is.

I also hate having to edit a Video to just remove it.

Don't fly near your home?

Otherwise, what's the objection to having GPS?

Don't fly near your home?

Otherwise, what's the objection to having GPS?
I own property with 450ft of frontage on a gorgeous lake. Building a new house on it and I very much plan to use it a lot around the property. Also hiking in my back yard. The lake is my front yard. I prefer not share it’s location.

Also would like to do some follow me videos on the water with an Electric Surfboard.

All state parks ban drones.

Are you only planning to fly over your property?

Or state parks? Not sure what that has to do with geotagging photos and videos.

If you take a trip to Hawaii say and fly your drone there, do you care if those photos and videos show the GPS coordinates?

I go out of my way to geotag with my Nikon. But if I have to email photos taken at my house, then I will strip the GPS location data or turn it off on my iPhone before taking the picture. Those are only a few photos a year, if that.

I'd like to turn it off and on. I'd like to error on the side of off.

I plan on most flying in and around my property. There is a ton to explore, lot's of activities on the water.
I mention state parks because I was thinking of taking it on hikes in the nearby mountains (99% are state parks). But they are banned.
Just like you switch it off on your iPhone (which I always have off) I'd like to know the easiest way to turn it off for images and videos with the Mavic 3.

Sorry that my needs and preferences don't match yours.

Nothing usual supports EXIF-like data for videos even if there is any.

For photos there are batch tools to strip EXIF data.

Nothing usual supports EXIF-like data for videos even if there is any.

For photos there are batch tools to strip EXIF data.
Luckily for photo's I use Flickr for sharing and they have the common sense to offer a filter for all uploads. So I don't have to think about it.

Is GPS info embedded in the Video? If not, I'm all set then.

There is a metadata track in M3 files but it'll be DJI proprietary and it's likely no one knows how to read anything from it, or even that it's even there and video services would strip it because they don't know what to do with it. Never seen a services that uses video metadata since there's no real standard for it.

If you're paranoid about it you can strip it in a couple of clicks with LosslessCut.

Reactions: fiddlepilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tsvetan