DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night flight Phnom Penh Cambodia

shb

Reactions
This is a night flight I made in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, on my recent trip. It was shot with my Mavic 3 pro. It focuses on the boats that ply the river on dinner cruises. They have very colorful lights, that look great at night. I'm not sure if I was shooting in night mode or not. I got close to the passengers, and you can see their reactions. Guess I should of added some music to it. Unfortunately, YouTube doesn't allow you to edit videos you've already uploaded. So I will have to make a whole new video.

Last edited:
Nice video; looking fwd to one with audio. Did you have to get that close, you know the M3P has a pretty good zoom? Passengers didn't seem to mind as long as it was brief I guess.....

Nice video; looking fwd to one with audio. Did you have to get that close, you know the M3P has a pretty good zoom? Passengers didn't seem to mind as long as it was brief I guess.....
I like to get close. The people like it. I felt it was safe, since the boat at that point was open, and I didn't go under a roof.

A bit robotic on the controls. Slow and steady on the yaws and gimbal elevations makes for a much more cinematic effect. Adjust the expos. The boats are definitely colorful at night, and the passengers (especially the girls!) were definitely enjoying their paparazzi moment! Any musical audio track would also enhance the video, as @mavic3usa suggested above.

Which camera on the Mavic 3 Pro were you using?

Anything to share from the rooftop pools, with sunbathers waving at you?

A bit robotic on the controls. Slow and steady on the yaws and gimbal elevations makes for a much more cinematic effect. Adjust the expos. The boats are definitely colorful at night, and the passengers (especially the girls!) were definitely enjoying their paparazzi moment! Any musical audio track would also enhance the video, as @mavic3usa suggested above.

Which camera on the Mavic 3 Pro were you using?

Anything to share from the rooftop pools, with sunbathers waving at you?
I was using the main camera. Unfortunately, even though there were many rooftop pools in Pattaya Thailand, there were zero girls. Yea, to me the controls are way to sensitive. I didn't know you could adjust them. I will look into that when I get it repaired. I just got permission from DJI to send it back to China. I see no reason to trust people in the Philippines or Thailand. I want it done right. I had my mavic 3 repaired there, and the shipping wasn't expensive at all. Less than $40.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I was using the main camera. Unfortunately, even though there were many rooftop pools in Pattaya Thailand, there were zero girls. Yea, to me the controls are way to sensitive. I didn't know you could adjust them. I will look into that when I get it repaired. I just got permission from DJI to send it back to China. I see no reason to trust people in the Philippines or Thailand. I want it done right. I had my mavic 3 repaired there, and the shipping wasn't expensive at all. Less than $40.
DJI repair is quite reasonable, and they send you a brand new unit, instead of repairing the crashed one! Best to deal with their headquarters rather than a foreign division.

DJI repair is quite reasonable, and they send you a brand new unit, instead of repairing the crashed one! Best to deal with their headquarters rather than a foreign division.
When they repaired my mavic 3, they did repair it and send it back. It was in excellent working condition. I was thinking, I wonder if they sell a mavic 3 pro without any accessories. Then I could have two, and if I was on a trip, and one crashed, I would still be able to fly. Maybe without the accessories it would be $1,500 or less.
I just watch a YouTube video, where a guy bought an air 3. It's supposed to have a 20 kilometer range, but he was only getting less than 2 thousand meters where he lived, in an urban environment. He was really pissed. That's what happens to me too. That's why I fly out of signal range waypoint missions. Really, what they should to, is enable cellular connectivity, and that would solve the range problem.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Here in the U.S., instead or repairing, they just replace it, after one pays the repair invoice. Maybe the proximity to China changes their standard practice on repairs. Parts and labor are cheap there. Sending it back and forth to China is too expensive, and takes too long. Air 3's advertised range still can't overcome complete signal blocking of LOS. The advertised cellular 4G is indeed the solution, but they are restricting its availability to China only. Waypoint missions are indeed the solution, but the require reconnaissance and planning for safety with successive mission refinements. Always good to have a backup bird with you, like a second camera body for a professional photographer! Never know what might happen to the first!

Reactions: shb
Very nice!

Reactions: shb