DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller 5D button missing

Get this case ordered (ships from China) in the mean-time ;)
Just contacted the selling company and as a DJI dis, they have said that they will handle it all for me. Now pushing for a complete replacement unit to be sent (they are based in Melbourne) so hopefully only offline for 3-4 days, which is much better than 3 weeks !!

I just got my controller back today. it took 4 weeks exactly from the day I mailed it to them (California location). The controller I received back appears to be used (a couple of barely noticeable scuffs) but in very good condition. They did include 2 cables (I had not sent them cables).

I spoke with the seller (official DJI one) and they said that the button can come off but shouldnt. They suggested pushing hard down on it to "click" it into position, but as this is a 5D (ie pushing is a function of the button and I dont want to damage it. I've decided to push moderately hard and just be very careful when storing. Fortunately its not come of as yet but if it does and I lose it then it will go back. Just didnt want to lose the controller for 4 weeks as I'm having way too much fun as it is :) GREAT DRONE!!

I spoke with the seller (official DJI one) and they said that the button can come off but shouldnt. They suggested pushing hard down on it to "click" it into position, but as this is a 5D (ie pushing is a function of the button and I dont want to damage it. I've decided to push moderately hard and just be very careful when storing. Fortunately its not come of as yet but if it does and I lose it then it will go back. Just didnt want to lose the controller for 4 weeks as I'm having way too much fun as it is :) GREAT DRONE!!

There are tear down videos on youtube... the button is one piece and doesn't separate and pop off. It breaks off. They replaced my controller (they didn't pop the button back on... I tried that before seeing the videos)

Arrhh that changes things... I think I will let the rush die down for a while and then see if I can organise a replacement to be sent and then I can send back the original, so I dont have to be without the controller for any time. The DJI seller might be able to assist wihtout shipping off shore. Thanks for the tip though!!

Arrhh that changes things... I think I will let the rush die down for a while and then see if I can organise a replacement to be sent and then I can send back the original, so I dont have to be without the controller for any time. The DJI seller might be able to assist wihtout shipping off shore. Thanks for the tip though!!

If it was summer here, I would have just flown it without the button for a few months. it was a tough 4 weeks. When I popped mine back on... it lasted for a day or two before coming out again. Hopefully yours last longer. Worse case: flying without that button is manageable. Good luck.

I'll buy a controller from someone if it's just missing the D button

Reactions: jcpkkmw
That would suck for the 5D button to get lost. Especially when you want to use the zoom!

Same missing button issue here. No 5D button on my remote control as shipped from DJI Direct unless I failed to spot it in the packaging detritus. Never saw one on my RC. I thought the stem was a "button" that needed to be pressed with a tool because it controlled something not to be messed with in flight. Oh, well.

Does having DJI Care-Refresh accelerate the 4-week replacement process mentioned by a fellow Californian?

silly question, but who cares?

There are too many buttons on the remote and to be honest, I have not really used the 5D button and I can't figure out what to use it for.

I would be nervous in sending anything back to DJI, how long is the whole process now? 4-6 weeks and it might not even be your originally controller. :(

I've been using the packaging protection method which works great and it was free!
20a3ade8ce6e4a18bc251fa0695cbd13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

It certainly works. I use it in my Flymore softcase.

silly question, but who cares?

There are too many buttons on the remote and to be honest, I have not really used the 5D button and I can't figure out what to use it for.

I, and I suspect others, care because it goes to DJI quality control which is important when investing big bucks in their products — and this is a reality check on the benefits of spending $99US for DJI Care and its alleged priority repairs.

Find @thunderdrones and hit him up. He has replacements of almost everything. He made a thread also I'll look it up now

Reactions: dslater

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661