DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller antenna broke

Reactions
My controller for the Magic fell from my car seat to the floor and broke the right antenna. The antenna inside the plastic case was not separated or broken off. I tried just sliding the plastic antenna sleeve over the antenna and everything works fine except the sleeve will not seat flush with its original position, which keeps the antennas from fitting together when folded. Any suggestions for a proper repair?

Reactions: butterflyslicer
That one will have to go into the DJI repair facility for an authorized repair. Otherwise there are a few unauthorized repair options out there.

Another option is a Replacement Mavic Controller which are IN STOCK and ready to ship here at Advexure.

Last edited:
Can you take some pictures and post them up here? I can fix it if its not too broken off.

Take 1 picture of it pulled out, and the other where you are trying to get it back in and try to show how far it goes in.

I took one on as far as it would go then when taking it off the antenna came with it. Can we work with thisView attachment 7599View attachment 7600View attachment 7601View attachment 7601
The same thing happened to my controller. I couldn't tell if the white strip was broken or if it is built to separate when dropped, wondering if it affects the transmission signal as well. I was able to pop mine back on and it fits flush. Let me know what you end up doing if you could, would like to know the outcome.

The same thing happened to my controller. I couldn't tell if the white strip was broken or if it is built to separate when dropped, wondering if it affects the transmission signal as well. I was able to pop mine back on and it fits flush. Let me know what you end up doing if you could, would like to know the outcome.

I actually saw the little metal wire in the base where it broke off and where the white strip of the antenna was somewhat separated, I slid the metal side of the strip over the metal side in the controller then put the plastic cover back over them. I get excellent reception bars and all works well! I did order another new controller too.

I actually saw the little metal wire in the base where it broke off and where the white strip of the antenna was somewhat separated, I slid the metal side of the strip over the metal side in the controller then put the plastic cover back over them. I get excellent reception bars and all works well! I did order another new controller too.
Thanks for the info, I'll wait and see if I have any problems.

My controller for the Magic fell from my car seat to the floor and broke the right antenna. The antenna inside the plastic case was not separated or broken off. I tried just sliding the plastic antenna sleeve over the antenna and everything works fine except the sleeve will not seat flush with its original position, which keeps the antennas from fitting together when folded. Any suggestions for a proper repair?

I have the same problem ... how did you finally solve yours ?

Sorry for my English. Im from Argentina.
Same thing happened here, but I ve not spare parts nearby. As you said you just put it together without glue or soldering in the white strip? I cant see any metal wire on it, Just very thin lines, and I dont know what to do.
Thanks in advance for your help

Same thing happened to me. I sent mine into DJI and they sent me back a new controller and did not charge me. It took 3 weeks to get a new one though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.