DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller beeps then shut down mid flight

rainsipper

Reactions
Hi there, I ran a Litchi mission today and when the drone was away for 5 mins out of an 11 min mission, the controller kept beeping and its red light flashing for about 30 seconds. Then it shut down on its own. I turned it on manually and waited a few minutes for the drone to fly back from its mission to reconnect it within range.

I had set the drone to RTH so I didn't panic but it still poses a safety concern. Do I have a faulty controller?

Reactions: Pilotti100
Hi there, I ran a Litchi mission today and when the drone was away for 5 mins out of an 11 min mission, the controller kept beeping and its red light flashing for about 30 seconds. Then it shut down on its own. I turned it on manually and waited a few minutes for the drone to fly back from its mission to reconnect it within range.

I had set the drone to RTH so I didn't panic but it still poses a safety concern. Do I have a faulty controller?
Can't really say.. But if you turn on a controller and it isn't connected to aircraft after a period of time it will start "beeping" to let you know you left it on... I have never waited to see if it turns itself off to save power or not? Might be the situation here, maybe not? Perhaps when you lost signal to the aircraft during the mission and it was set to overide RTH what happened is normal...never heard of anyone say or ask what you report. :)

No, seems like the controller is acting normally. The controller has no idea that you are running a Litchi autonomous mission out of range, so as soon as the drone goes out range, the controller will start a count down to auto power off. It starts beeping first, before shutting down completely. You can avoid this by just touching the sticks or dial a bit every minute or so, which should keep the controller from thinking you forgot to turn it off after a flight.

Reactions: Thomas B
No, seems like the controller is acting normally. The controller has no idea that you are running a Litchi autonomous mission out of range, so as soon as the drone goes out range, the controller will start a count down to auto power off. It starts beeping first, before shutting down completely. You can avoid this by just touching the sticks or dial a bit every minute or so, which should keep the controller from thinking you forgot to turn it off after a flight.
Thanks for the advice. It was a blind mission the signal was blocked by the landscape a minute after taking off. Obviously I did nothing when it beeps. Will touch the dial and the sticks next time when it beeps.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78