DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller charging the phone?

Try using the usb connection on the bottom of the remote and plug it into your phone. That will stop the charging. make sure the connection on the left of the remote is unplugged.
This does not work on my Mavic Air RC and Huawei Honor 8 (Android).

I'm surprised there are so many people wanting to turn the charging off. I have a Google Pixel XL and I am ecstatic that the RC charges it. I have not seen any significant drain from the RC even after flying 6 full batteries there was plenty of power remaining. Perhaps if your phone is less than 50% full when you connect then fast charging might be triggered which could drain it more quickly - I always ensure I have over 50% when I fly.

I heard that if you plug in your phone with the regular USB port on the bottom of the controller and connect a battery pack to the top micro USB port it should not drain the battery.

This is exactly what Rick the electrician at Drone Valley advises. I posted his video.

can someone recommend a small and inexpensive battery pack for the RC?

Is $10.99 ok?

Type the following into the Amazon Search bar: B00MWU1GGI plus for the 6-foot cable: B01A8KHKVI that will allow you to keep the device in your pocket and have plenty of mobility.

If memory serves, the RC battery is 2850mAH. The PowerAdd packs 5000mAH. You do the math.

Attachments

• PowerAdd.JPG
    PowerAdd.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Reactions: motopokep
it comes out to $16 with shipping. just picked up a similar size and capacity one from ebay for $5 shipped. thanks for the link though. rather than having a long wire run to my pocket, and possibly catch onto something, a more portable solution is to attach it via velcro to the back of the RC, and run a short wire.

Last edited:
Update, I picked up a power bank, it's charging the RC, and the RC keeps charging the Nexus 7 2nd gen tablet. Anyone else come across this?

Reactions: daisy-girl
Update, I picked up a power bank, it's charging the RC, and the RC keeps charging the Nexus 7 2nd gen tablet. Anyone else come across this?

Whoa!

It would be too cool if my iPad Mini 4 would be charged by the RC, as it's the weak link when I am out for a long day of flying.

Currently, I need to bring hubby's along with my own, i.e., I need two iPads to be sure I can get through a really long day of flying. So far, I haven't needed to supplement with his, but I've come close.

I wish there is a way to control the RC charging the device - I dont mind RC charging my tablet i just prefer not to charge my RC as often because the drain is both usage and charging my screen/devices. As we go to bigger and brighter screen the demand of the tablet will be higher and drains the battery quicker. As is what im holding is getting heavier and heavier. Wish DJI will enable a toggle not to charge my device

Am I doing something wrong because not once has my RC ever charged my iPhone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25