DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Cook Inlet, Alaska

Is this the withtje

Very nice !! Was this taken with the telephoto camera?
Don’t know what. Withje is… don’t think this was with the tele…

Don’t know what. Withje is… don’t think this was with the tele…
I am sorry about the gobbledygook. Typing from a cell phone on the go🤦‍♂️.
It looks amazingly sharp from edge to edge and corner to corner. Something I was hoping for but unfortunatelly my first two M3s fell well short of having such IQ...The third one is on the way. If it will perform as well this photo of yours illustrates, I'll be very happy.

Any pictures or video of the Belugas? ..... they were some of the most notable parts of my visits to Cook's Inlet.

I am sorry about the gobbledygook. Typing from a cell phone on the go🤦‍♂️.
It looks amazingly sharp from edge to edge and corner to corner. Something I was hoping for but unfortunatelly my first two M3s fell well short of having such IQ...The third one is on the way. If it will perform as well this photo of yours illustrates, I'll be very happy.
That was for sure post processed albeit just with an iPad using Apple’s Photos program. I shot a 3 shot AEB but I have found nothing on the iPad that does a great job for HDR so I grabbed one and did 5min of post on it. Here is an untouched image but note it was shot RAW so it requires sharpening by it’s very nature and it was very windy so it may be that the sharp appearance is from the post processing. You be the judge. Also, this is mud we are talking here :). If you are shooting raw, a good post processing workflow for sharpening is of course important.

0B22B072-BB61-4405-8431-F594ABCBA74A.jpeg

Any pictures or video of the Belugas? ..... they were some of the most notable parts of my visits to Cook's Inlet.
I’ve only seen Belugas here a time or two. They come through at specific times of the year (not now…) and I have never got any pics of them myself. Our daughter’s family lives here so it’s just a matter of luck for me to be down here in the Deep South :) when the Beluga’s come through. That mud image is, at least, taken close to Beluga Point. :). I have to launch from the parking lot which is simple AK state land. Step over the guardrail and I’m on Chugach State Park land where drones are not allowed to launch. The mud flat itself is also technically on Chugach State Park land where drones aren’t allowed to launch from, sigh.

Reactions: Saladshooter
That was for sure post processed albeit just with an iPad using Apple’s Photos program. I shot a 3 shot AEB but I have found nothing on the iPad that does a great job for HDR so I grabbed one and did 5min of post on it. Here is an untouched image but note it was shot RAW so it requires sharpening by it’s very nature and it was very windy so it may be that the sharp appearance is from the post processing. You be the judge. Also, this is mud we are talking here :). If you are shooting raw, a good post processing workflow for sharpening is of course important.

View attachment 155774
Even as unprocessed it looks perfect to me. Consistently sharp (or soft if you want, as the DNG normally is) across the entire frame from edge to edge and corner to corner. That is how it should be!!
Love the moonlike mysterious atmosphere. Devoid of scale and any sign of human activity, pure and unspoiled landscape. Beautiful!!

Reactions: Saladshooter
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002