DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cool Down before turning off !?

Avtur79

Reactions
Hi All. Can't get a clear answer on these. On landing and before turning the Mavic Air off, do you let it cool down by idling? Is it safe to turn off the drone with the internal fan still running and what's a safe temperature of the battery for storing (ie) post flight ? Cheers

For me, Ive had the fan kick on while idling meaning heat is being generated (makes sense). When I land, i cut the motors and let it cool while off.

The internal fan will ALWAYS run, the internal electronics put out a lot of heat. If anything, letting it run on the ground will make it warmer, not cooler since there is no more airflow to cool that.

AKA don't care about that.

Reactions: DeltaTango
If anything, the drone will be glad it can finally cool down without having to use the fan. ;)
Notice when you turn the Air off, it will take a few seconds before it finally does. That's when the Mavic powers itself down properly. So no need to worry.

Only the batteries need a moment to cool down after a flight before you recharge them.

Reactions: Avtur79
Letting it idle will not cool it down, only heat it up more as it is drawing power from the pack. What I am in the habit of doing, i will remove the battery pack after I land and shut down. This removes the heat from the pack and allows the quad to cool faster.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15