DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cool drop device

Thanks, just ordered one from eBay. They should compensate you for the referral :). I have no idea what I will use it for, but looks like a lot of fun!
It takes a while to get it. I believe it's coming from Israel. It is a sturdy well fitting device that recharges by bluetooth. When I first received mine it did not work. The servo would not move when I turned the front lights off. I sent an email to the company and they replied quickly. Inside the front leg attachment is the sensor that activates the servo. They black it out with sharpie to prevent actuation from outside light (The sun). If yours doesn't actuate with the light on your mavic going on and off, swab the sensor with rubbing alcohol.

I put this out before I questioned if anybody had a drop device and I got absolutely no responses. So I'm going to share this. I bought this drop device because I was thinking it could be handy and it really is neat. It straps around your drone and uses the front lights to activate it you can set your red beacons to go on and off with the C1 or C2 button and the mechanism opens and works with the RC ATTACH]62468[/ATTACH]View attachment 62470View attachment 62471View attachment 62472View attachment 62472
Here in New Zealand, conservation scientists just conducted an important delivery to help in the recovery of our native & highly endangered kakapo parrots. This drop device might have implications for projects such as this one. Here's their post on FB:

A first for the team!
Earlier this week we used a drone to fly kākāpō semen across Whenua Hou Island to allow us to artificially inseminate Esperance, turning a 90minute walk into a 9 minute flight.
We’re putting a lot of effort into assisted breeding (AB) this year. Thanks to our partner Meridian Energy’s support, an international team of experts have joined the project, aiming to ensure that rare genetics such as those carried by Sinbad and Gulliver (and also the underrepresented founders) are better represented in the population. Multiple matings, whether by AB or naturally, also increases the likelihood that a female will lay fertile eggs.
Follow team scientist Andrew Digby on twitter to see more of this work as it happens in the field: https://twitter.com/takapodigs

Attachments

• Kakapo & drone.jpg
    Kakapo & drone.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: Dogstr and Ranmanjc
I admire your perseverance - and your video editing. Please, what video editor did you use? So far, all of my vids have been edited with VideoPad (which is fine, although limited.)

That's great to see consumer drones being used for "real science"! Thanks for sharing

Reactions: Ranmanjc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89