DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cooldown before storing

RabidPoodle

Reactions
I know not to charge the batteries until they've cooled down. Should I let the Air2S cool off for a bit before putting it back in the case? The foam padding just seems like it will hold the heat in the drone. On a similar note: After flying do you leave the drone on a few minutes after landing so the fan keeps cooling the electronics?

I know not to charge the batteries until they've cooled down. Should I let the Air2S cool off for a bit before putting it back in the case? The foam padding just seems like it will hold the heat in the drone. On a similar note: After flying do you leave the drone on a few minutes after landing so the fan keeps cooling the electronics?

For storage, it's definitely better to cool off a bit before putting in the backpack. Ideally you may take out the battery, put a cool battery in, so that both the hot battery and hot drone can get cooled. This can help extend the lifespan of the battery and prevent battery swelling.

For your second question, I believe it will not help. Air 2S heats up a lot when turned on sitting on the ground, as there is no wind from the propeller to help cooling. I will turn the drone off as soon as I land.

Reactions: RabidPoodle
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143