DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Copper Foil in top shell?

rschmid

Reactions
I had to replace the top shell of my Mini2. The replacement did not have the copper foil. What is it for? I've been reading that some people have been adding copper foil to block GPS in older models. I assume that's not the situation here or is it meant to reduce GPS sensitivity?

I had to replace the top shell of my Mini2. The replacement did not have the copper foil. What is it for? I've been reading that some people have been adding copper foil to block GPS in older models. I assume that's not the situation here or is it meant to reduce GPS sensitivity?
There are no circumstances where you'd want to reduce GPS sensitivity.
It might be to prevent interference from other components affecting GPS.
Where's the copper?

There are no circumstances where you'd want to reduce GPS sensitivity.
It might be to prevent interference from other components affecting GPS.
Where's the copper?
Id like to reduce and disable GPS on the mini 2 to practice flying ATTI mode as per the requirements to receive my RePL (Remote Pilots License) here in Australia

Id like to reduce and disable GPS on the mini 2 to practice flying ATTI mode as per the requirements to receive my RePL (Remote Pilots License) here in Australia
A little alfoil taped in position outside the shell can achieve that.

Where are you doing the course? They should give you practice time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan