DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

cops get armed drones

http://gizmodo.com/cops-just-got-one-step-closer-to-killing-americans-by-d-1793893015
hmmm.....Connecticut has a bill that if passed will allow law enforcement to use armed drones with tear gas, explosives or remote controlled armament. However the main point of the bill is to criminalize armed drones for everyone but the police.
Regards,
-d.
I agree, this is bad news for the drone industry IMHO. All this does is put thoughts into criminals minds, really I am surprised this hasn't happened yet.

http://gizmodo.com/cops-just-got-one-step-closer-to-killing-americans-by-d-1793893015
hmmm.....Connecticut has a bill that if passed will allow law enforcement to use armed drones with tear gas, explosives or remote controlled armament. However the main point of the bill is to criminalize armed drones for everyone but the police.
Regards,
-d.

The U.S. uses armed drones in their battles on a daily basis to kill terrorists. Could you give me a reason that a civilian needs an armed drone?

The U.S. uses armed drones in their battles on a daily basis to kill terrorists. Could you give me a reason that a civilian needs an armed drone?
I do not think a civilian needs an armed drone, why would they? That is silly.
Regards,
-d.

I don't know about armed drones, but as a recently retired police officer, I could think of many uses for them in law enforcement .
Drones could be quickly deployed in an area to contain a suspect in a perimeter area. The video feeds could be transmitted to someone who could monitor in the dispatch center and any actions could be given audibly to responding officers. This is much how a police helicopter helps, but even faster and safer. And during the night they could be equipped with infrared cameras. I know the drones wouldn't last a long time, but long enough for officers to get to the area before the suspect flees.
Drones would be very effective in hostage situations as well. But mostly for visual aid and possibly deploying pepper spray darts or balls. Some of this stuff is already being utilized in barricaded situations with negotiators/bomb detecting and diffusing robots.
I think we are a ways away from arming drones in public areas. More of a chance to see it sooner in some military fashion.

Reactions: Bunny Too
I don't know about armed drones, but as a recently retired police officer, I could think of many uses for them in law enforcement .
Drones could be quickly deployed in an area to contain a suspect in a perimeter area. The video feeds could be transmitted to someone who could monitor in the dispatch center and any actions could be given audibly to responding officers. This is much how a police helicopter helps, but even faster and safer. And during the night they could be equipped with infrared cameras. I know the drones wouldn't last a long time, but long enough for officers to get to the area before the suspect flees.
Drones would be very effective in hostage situations as well. But mostly for visual aid and possibly deploying pepper spray darts or balls. Some of this stuff is already being utilized in barricaded situations with negotiators/bomb detecting and diffusing robots.
I think we are a ways away from arming drones in public areas. More of a chance to see it sooner in some military fashion.

when people hear drones they mostly think reapers and stuff like that using an armed droned could be used as a suppressing tool other than a killing tool just the fact that somebody knows drone is armed could be a deterrent in itself when it comes to criminal. deploying drones would be far faster and more economical than helicopters in an urban environment. the scary part is that the drones will be way cheaper than the alternative that it could create slippery slope and we would end up in a Sci Fi movie scene

I do not think a civilian needs an armed drone, why would they? That is silly.
Regards,
-d.
I think thats a somewhat silly question. Like saying commercial pilots shouldn't be armed. They already are with stick in their hand. If they wanted you to die, you would be DEAD 100% of the time. A drone is a weapon in and of itself. An automobile is a weapon as is the case in the news more and more. Who NEEDS one, they're dangerous, they kill tens, hundreds of thousands every year. A perspective is due here. And as far as NEEDS go.. who NEEDS a drone? You need to breathe, drink and eat to continue wandering this planet. Most all else is a WANT not a NEED so simply does not apply. Sorry to be so abrasive. I don't know you and Its the 'who needs a' philosophy that i find obnoxious.

Reactions: Slantnose79
The article says that it would be the first time the police uses armed drones but that's not true: the police already used a drone (on wheels but still an unmanned and remotely piloted self moving object) armed with explosive to actually kill a shooter in Dallas
Due Process? A Drone Was Used To Blow Up A US Citizen Without Trial This Week | Zero Hedge

You are correct. I can't think of more deserving person for that initial use of an armed drone either. Glad it worked out. :)

Reactions: Vilco
With a profession that, as of late, has developed a reputation for shoot first, ask questions later, what could possibly go wrong?

I agree, this is bad news for the drone industry IMHO. All this does is put thoughts into criminals minds, really I am surprised this hasn't happened yet.
Bad news? Drone weaponisation for selling to state agencies is surely an emerging market.

I can see a gap in the market and have already solved the power to payload ratio issue...

Using a large helium balloon to carry the payload, it can be towed by a very small drone. Drone fitted with a laser to cut towing line, then cut tether between balloon and payload.

Drone can film carnage below for YouTube, then return to base.

Dragons Den just needs a Donald Trump type character ready to invest in my new venture, Small War inc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov