DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

magazaso

Reactions
For those of you suffering from defective units with the focusing issue at the corners, I finally found a cheap and easy fix without waiting weeks for DJI Care to replace the unit or to go through the effort of contacting DJI Support and then having to ship off your precious drone (maybe even having to pay for the replacement).

The issue is not firmware related (for most of us), so factory resetting, firmware refreshing, IMU or Gimbal calibrating would not fix the issue. The fix requires 1 new part (around $10-$20) and the removal of 6 screws which is extremely easy - for those of you who are afraid to put a screw driver near the delicate gimbal.

Lens Part - For DJI MAVIC PRO Drone Gimbal Video 4K Camera Lens Repair Part High Quality NEW | eBay

Video Demonstration of the Lens Replacement -

After doing this it fixed my issue completely. I bought a refurbished unit which was stated as new (only way to identify it was refurbished was from a sticker on the box) and it turned out to be defective. The lens was the only issue, and only cost me €17 as well as 10 minutes of my time. Hopefully this helps those of you who have been suffering the same problem as me!

Reactions: Tkoglin
Cooling pad! where's that?
  • from the video the camera lens was visibly damaged
listing says
Note: When installing, put the original Cooling pad in it, otherwise it would be overheated. (cooling pad not included! )

For those of you suffering from defective units with the focusing issue at the corners, I finally found a cheap and easy fix without waiting weeks for DJI Care to replace the unit or to go through the effort of contacting DJI Support and then having to ship off your precious drone (maybe even having to pay for the replacement).

The issue is not firmware related (for most of us), so factory resetting, firmware refreshing, IMU or Gimbal calibrating would not fix the issue. The fix requires 1 new part (around $10-$20) and the removal of 6 screws which is extremely easy - for those of you who are afraid to put a screw driver near the delicate gimbal.

Lens Part - For DJI MAVIC PRO Drone Gimbal Video 4K Camera Lens Repair Part High Quality NEW | eBay

Video Demonstration of the Lens Replacement -

After doing this it fixed my issue completely. I bought a refurbished unit which was stated as new (only way to identify it was refurbished was from a sticker on the box) and it turned out to be defective. The lens was the only issue, and only cost me €17 as well as 10 minutes of my time. Hopefully this helps those of you who have been suffering the same problem as me!
Getting ready to do this myself. My focus went completely out the other day. Before I was able to get the focus to come back using one of the options mentioned but this time mine went out mid-flight and I can’t get it back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute