DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cost of Mavic 2 Pro without controller, battery, etc?

CaseyKC

Reactions
I'm getting a personal articles policy for my M2P, and they are asking for a value of the controller.
They say the policy will only cover the drone and whatever is attached to it... but they are quoting the policy based on what I paid for the entire package. If they are only covering the drone I would think I should only be paying for coverage that is the cost of the drone itself, not the entire package.

I see the Mavic Pro has a listing here:
Buy Mavic Pro Aircraft (Excludes Remote Controller and Battery Charger) - DJI Store

Is there a place on the DJI page for just the Mavic 2 Pro, and just the controller?

Is there a place on the DJI page for just the Mavic 2 Pro, and just the controller?
Not at the moment.

You could try contacting DJI support to see if they are willing to sell you such a package.

You can send them a message asking them how much it costs to buy just the controller. You already know the price of the battery and props.

Thanks for the ideas! I'll try to contact DJI about it.
I don't care if my controller is covered or not, I just don't want to pay extra for covering the entire package if they are only covering the drone.

I'm getting a personal articles policy for my M2P, and they are asking for a value of the controller. They say the policy will only cover the drone and whatever is attached to it

What state are you in? I think it's better for you to find an agent who knows that they are talking about.

I have bought many policies and have never been asked the questions you are bring asked.

Make sure that it's a PAP and that they understand the policy. It sounds like they dont know what they need.

Here is what they DO need:
  1. A copy of the receipt
  2. Serial number of the drone

That is a very strange question from them.

I have DJI refresh and have PAP. Mine is insured twice so that I truly hope my drone is covered and paid for if I happen to total it.

When I was getting the PAP, all they asked from me was the receipt and serial number.

For my last drone, the agent I used asked me to bring my drone to their location so they can inspect it and take pictures of it since I told them it was a brand new drone. That is what I had to do for my Mavic Pro.

But this time, the agent who I dealt with had quit and so I got someone new. And that is all the info they asked from me for a new policy. They did not ask me this time to bring my new drone for pictures. I even asked the representative if she needed me to bring my drone for pictures, she said no. Its ok.

What state are you in? I think it's better for you to find an agent who knows that they are talking about.

I have bought many policies and have never been asked the questions you are bring asked.

Make sure that it's a PAP and that they understand the policy. It sounds like they dont know what they need.

Here is what they DO need:
  1. A copy of the receipt
  2. Serial number of the drone

Thank you, it's a State Farm agent that was listed in the spreadsheet I saw posted on these forums when I got my original Mavic.
She definitely seems to know what she's talking about, but there might be some miscommunication with the controller... like it is an add-on item, or part of a combo.

I think your agent doesn't know what they are talking about. If it's through State Farm, you can get a PAP upto I think it's around $4000 for the same price.
Here in Oregon it's costing me $60 annually which comes out to $5/month. My agent asked me to add other items too to near the maximum ceiling for that price since I am already paying for it.

I also have State Farm.

Cost me $60 a year.

Your agent may be new with dealing with this policy or just new to the business.

Reactions: CaseyKC
I think your agent doesn't know what they are talking about. If it's through State Farm, you can get a PAP upto I think it's around $4000 for the same price.
Here in Oregon it's costing me $60 annually which comes out to $5/month. My agent asked me to add other items too to near the maximum ceiling for that price since I am already paying for it.

Thanks for the numbers... I might actually try another State Farm agent in the area.
I'm also insuring my Sony camera and lenses, so the total is just a little over $6,000, and she is quoting $117 for the year.

Thanks for the numbers... I might actually try another State Farm agent in the area.
I'm also insuring my Sony camera and lenses, so the total is just a little over $6,000, and she is quoting $117 for the year.
That seems accurate. As you go over the first ceiling price, your premium increases. And I'm sure there's a ceiling for that as well, which you should ask your agent. You can always add other things to the policy and still only pay the same premium [emoji4]

Reactions: CaseyKC
That seems accurate. As you go over the first ceiling price, your premium increases. And I'm sure there's a ceiling for that as well, which you should ask your agent. You can always add other things to the policy and still only pay the same premium [emoji4]

Good to know - thanks!

Reactions: katarian
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaVVT