DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Could Someone Pass Some Sauce For This Crow?

Lon Denard

Reactions
So, I've been a bit hard on the Crystalsky monitor. I've questioned the value of it considering the fact that I have a Samsung S8+ that had worked flawlessly. Well, I've had a change of heart. I really felt that I shouldn't knock something without trying it so I ordered the 5.5. I considered the 7.8 but I've heard it's a bit "clumsy" in the standard display position, the Mavic gimbal/camera isn't optimized for the 7.8 and I dislike any above the controller solutions. I ordered the Dji Mavic mount for the Crystalsky. I also resolved any charger concerns by purchasing the Phantom 4 160w charger and the Mavic Advanced Hub. The good thing about the charger and hub is that my batteries are charged seriously fast and I only need one charger to do it all. Quite frankly, even if you aren't interested in the monitor, you might want to consider this charger and hub.

Side by side, I do have to say that this monitor is incredibly bright! Everything worked and the app popped up just as fast as on my phone. I hooked it up, updated, calibrated the compass and took a quick spin around the block without any issues. The system using the Dji mount is seriously solid, I mean hold it by the corner of the screen solid. There's no way that thing is coming off of there unless you take it off. The down side is that it is heavier, I'm not sure if it's too heavy but you're holding a brick at this point. It's cool that it has the sd card slots and the custom buttons. The whole system is solid and feels "robust" or "rugged" like if you dropped it, it could survive. Heck, the fact that it fits in my case is probably my favorite feature of the whole thing!

I have two controllers, so I'll probably do a side by side test of it at some point. I'll let you all know what a skeptic thinks about the setup. Here's a few pics.20171109_220123.jpg 20171109_220624.jpg 20171109_223025.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Stan1915
Congrats on your CS. Glad to see you giving it a try. I agree that anyone that has a Mavic with multiple batteries (nearly everyone) should get the Phantom 4 charger (100w) and advanced charging hub just for the time savings on charging batteries. Look forward to reading your findings on the CS. With the firmware update today, I'm sure a lot more folks are going to look at it and consider purchasing it.

Congrats on your CS. Glad to see you giving it a try. I agree that anyone that has a Mavic with multiple batteries (nearly everyone) should get the Phantom 4 charger (100w) and advanced charging hub just for the time savings on charging batteries. Look forward to reading your findings on the CS. With the firmware update today, I'm sure a lot more folks are going to look at it and consider purchasing it.

Yea it's funny, I got mine today and found out about the update afterwards. Oh and I got the 160w because Dji doesn't recommend charging the batteries of the Mavic, controller and CS at the same time with the 100w.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15