DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Couldn't power on Mavic Mini after storing it for long time.

Poehat 1990

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I had purchased a Mavic mini and was able to fly around and took video with it after I unboxed it. I only used it for 2-3 occasions and kept it in the cabinet for almost a year.

Today, since I need some aerial shots, I tried to power on my Mavic Mini but couldn't do so anymore. I thought it could be due to the battery not having enough charge, so I charged all 3 batteries to full. And I inserted the battery into Aircraft (click sound checked), press the power button once and then press again and hold it for 2 (3, 4, 5) seconds but couldn't turn it on at all.

It is like the power button is not working at all. I didn't hear any beeps nor see any LEDs light up. So, I connect the aircraft to USB charger (with battery inserted) and then all 4 LEDs light up (not blinking). I kept the charger connected to aircraft for awhile then disconnect it and no more LEDs light. And try again to power on the aircraft but resulted the same.

I had researched various threads as well as all Mavic Mini related user manuals and tried several methods. Sadly, none of them works which lead me to post a thread of my own here looking for any light of hope.

Kindly, help suggest.

Thanks a lot.

Hi there & welcome to the forum ? :D

How much charge did your battery have when you stored it away..?

To properly store it (even though it's a LiIon & not a LiPo) longer than 48h the cells in the battery should be on 3,7-3,8V ... that corresponds to approx 50% charged. From here it's good to store it during a longer period ... only charge cycle it like once each 3 month & back to 50%.

If the battery either was nearly empty or completely full when you left it a year ago ... it's a big risk that the battery is destroyed now.

Reactions: Thomas B
Basically as above mentioned...but in short...Improper battery maintenance and storage. You simply cannot leave batteries unattended for that length of time. Time to go shopping for some new Batteries I'm afraid. ;)

@Poehat 1990 it does appear that the batteries have lost the ability to take on a charge due to being left to go flat for to long if you can borrow a known good battery from a fellow flyer and try that in the drone ,and it works then you will know it the batteries not the drone ,was the drone stored in a dry warm place have a look at the contacts where the battery plugs in and make sure they are clean and not dirty

I also agree with our good friend here
Old man Mavic[emoji106]. The batteries were probably going bad .
Maybe trying a new battery or some one else’s battery to check it out.
Good luck and blessings

Reactions: old man mavic
It's unlikely the batteries failed or drained completely if you stored them right and they should be able to recover regardless... but I know the BMS for political and economic reasons (no safety) might deem them otherwise.

Even if they were stored at 50% 4% of self-discharge per month seems a curse and not normal at all. Yet they should be able to recover from a voltage of 0% charge. It might be your AC that's having a problem.

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
Also, you can do Query, in the search function, upper right hand corner.
Type in: dead battery, you should get results from other pilots that had same issues.

Reactions: old man mavic
Basically as above mentioned...but in short...Improper battery maintenance and storage. You simply cannot leave batteries unattended for that length of time. Time to go shopping for some new Batteries I'm afraid. ;)
Hi......do you know if their is a way to Discharge these Batteries using a "battery Charger" that will discharge the battery to the 3.7V per sell?. If not, how do Mini-2 or any DJI pilot put these batteries into
Storage Mode? I have not Searched for any posts as of yet on this subject.." Storage Mode for DJI Batteries.. Thank you for your reply... Ron ( I have the Mini-2 and Mavic Air 2)

The Mini 2 batteries have the bms that take care of take. They're gonna self discharge very quickly in first few days... and I abhor that feature and how it's implemented.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman