Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Covid 19,and this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Haha
Reactions: old man mavic
Not yet bad, but we are already seeing price hikes. Schools are closed for two weeks. Nothing particularly worth panicking about ..... yet.
Glad to hear it,other than folks acting crazy over all this hoarding stuff so quick we only got a case in our area that is known about. Schools closed and large spring gatherings have been canceled and should be. We havn’t seen no price hikes yet and hope we don’t but time will tell.

Not yet bad, but we are already seeing price hikes. Schools are closed for two weeks. Nothing particularly worth panicking about ..... yet.
My Wife (who is an RN) did 2 "tours" in Ethiopia for "Drs. Without Borders", a number of years ago, and said it was a wonderful place to visit. She even took her 3 kids on the second "Tour".
I've never been, but what I see on the Discovery Channel, it does look inviting.
Except she did not like the Baboons hanging around, spooked her.

Hope everyone gets through it. I have a sister leaving the USA for Canada (change of homes, nothing to do with the virus, but sadly coincidental) and that was supposed to be in May, we've had to move it up to ASAP. So she's hoping to cross the border by car into Vancouver BC and catch a flight to Toronto on Monday, its all booked, hopefully no politicians are going to wreck that. We are all over 60, and that puts us in a riskier category. Fingers crossed all is well. We live in rural north eastern Ontario, no cases up here yet.

Hope everyone gets through it. I have a sister leaving the USA for Canada (change of homes, nothing to do with the virus, but sadly coincidental) and that was supposed to be in May, we've had to move it up to ASAP. So she's hoping to cross the border by car into Vancouver BC and catch a flight to Toronto on Monday, its all booked, hopefully no politicians are going to wreck that. We are all over 60, and that puts us in a riskier category. Fingers crossed all is well. We live in rural north eastern Ontario, no cases up here yet.
Heard on the news Canada was closing the border so
hope that don’t have no effect on your sister.

Heard on the news Canada was closing the border so
hope that don’t have no effect on your sister.

She's done her homework.... even calling the border crossing who confirmed she'll get through. She's dual citizen, and is a "returning home" Canadian, both those categories are still allowed to cross. (at least for now!) Hard thing will be to get on the flight from there across to Toronto, she has chronic asthma, and that will be perceived as a possible threat, though she would not have any fever, which I think is their biggest symptom check. Then I get to do the 9 hour round trip to get her up to our place from the airport! Woohoo. She will have to self quarantine in our guest room, and we will all have to avoid each other... what a messed up year this is turning into. My 2019 was a disaster, thought it was over!

She's done her homework.... even calling the border crossing who confirmed she'll get through. She's dual citizen, and is a "returning home" Canadian, both those categories are still allowed to cross. (at least for now!) Hard thing will be to get on the flight from there across to Toronto, she has chronic asthma, and that will be perceived as a possible threat, though she would not have any fever, which I think is their biggest symptom check. Then I get to do the 9 hour round trip to get her up to our place from the airport! Woohoo. She will have to self quarantine in our guest room, and we will all have to avoid each other... what a messed up year this is turning into. My 2019 was a disaster, thought it was over!
Hope you all the best.?

I have a sister leaving the USA for Canada (change of homes, nothing to do with the virus, but sadly coincidental) and that was supposed to be in May, we've had to move it up to ASAP. So she's hoping to cross the border by car into Vancouver BC and catch a flight to Toronto on Monday, its all booked, hopefully no politicians are going to wreck that.

The news here yesterday said the border will remain open for US citizens, closed from Monday just gone for all others . . . hopefully they won't change this for your sister within a week.
But things are moving fast !

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam the Slam