DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Covid 19,and this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else got enough Scotch to see them through till the end of the crisis or is it just me?

It does contain most of the essential food groups.
(A bit like beer.)
Poured and consumed neat, it will probably be a good Corona killer too.

I upped my vodka supply an hour ago. The food shortage is taking a bit more time to hit the rural communities but a lot of shelves are bare as compared to 3 days ago. I understand why people are hoarding rice, dried beans, and foods that shelve well, but the veggies were sparse. Got me a corned beef but no cabbage, potatoes, carrots, or turnips. Did score some Guinness though. I'll have to put off St. Patrick's Day till I hit a couple more stores but the Guinness is goin down tonight.

Has anyone else got enough Scotch to see them through till the end of the crisis or is it just me?

Already got bunches of beer and liquor, and bought a bunch of red wine and some port today... I am stocked!

Current guidance is that alcohol has to be at least 70% by volume to kill the virus, so just ensure that it is cask strength, not the diluted, chill-filtered stuff.

People shopped in such a panic mode that many of or local food stores are limiting quantities. Of almost everything.
@sar104 ... I have plenty of Everclear....

IMG_3109.jpg

Terrible. I'm down to my last couple of bottles.

My Wife (who is an RN) did 2 "tours" in Ethiopia for "Drs. Without Borders", a number of years ago, and said it was a wonderful place to visit. She even took her 3 kids on the second "Tour".
I've never been, but what I see on the Discovery Channel, it does look inviting.
Except she did not like the Baboons hanging around, spooked her.
It really is a wonderful place to visit and quite a nice place to live in; less so in the last few years because of ****** politics unfortunately. When all this settles down and when you do get the chance, I strongly suggest you pay us a visit. You won't regret it. Especially for westerners, it is quite a mythical experience.

So, some really odd developments here in my neck of the world. Apparently rumor has it that the following are potent when it comes to either preventing infection by COVID-19 or curing it - rumor isn't really clear on which is which.

75148255_170754897462612_212394060136035501_n.jpglemon.pngraw-ginger-root-500x500.jpggarlic.jpg

And panic buying has ensued, resulting in a near 500x price increase over night and the disappearance of said items from the market. I take back what I said about westerners panic buying toilet paper, this is infinitely worse!

I just love it when our Moderators get into the spirit of a thread. It’s like when a school teacher joins a pickup basketball or soccer game.

Great post @old man mavic, as always!
i was thinking the same thing myself,it is serving the reason i made it in the first place, to bring us all together and support each other at this time of need, as i said at least we can communicate on this forum even if we cant get out to fly ,and it can help to keep our spirits up, we will all come out of this stronger and more resilient together we can beat this invisible enemy

i was thinking the same thing myself,it is serving the reason i made it in the first place, to bring us all together and support each other at this time of need, as i said at least we can communicate on this forum even if we cant get out to fly ,and it can help to keep our spirits up, we will all come out of this stronger and more resilient together we can beat this invisible enemy
Absolutely. I hope everyone manages to keep safe and healthy but if we can't get out at least we can keep in touch here. It's also hard not to find a bit of humour in the situation, especially when you see some of the ridiculous things some people are doing.

I just scored last night 3 bottles of "The Macallan..."
Could only afford the 12 year old stuff.
Now leave me alone... ? ?
Does Laphroaig kill 99% of all germs? I really believe the whole thing will resolve itself in the end but if not I'll bid the world sláinte with a glass in my hand.

Absolutely. I hope everyone manages to keep safe and healthy but if we can't get out at least we can keep in touch here. It's also hard not to find a bit of humour in the situation, especially when you see some of the ridiculous things some people are doing.
as i said in an earlier post, there is nothing wrong with some humour, despite the seriousness of the issue it does not have to be all doom and gloom

Reactions: The Fat Controller
Does Laphroaig kill 99% of all germs? I really believe the whole thing will resolve itself in the end but if not I'll bid the world sláinte with a glass in my hand.

It contains iodine, so likely yes.

As a follow up to my earlier posts... Just got word my sister made it across the Canada US border safely and is settling into a hotel room in Vancouver BC. This is a huge relief for the family, the border is getting really tricky to cross now. Now she's got to get from the west coast to Northern Ontario via one flight and her brother's (me) nine hour round trip (down to Toronto airpot and back). Thats just 2,100 more miles to go!

I hope others looking to get back home can manage it too.

People shopped in such a panic mode that many of or local food stores are limiting quantities. Of almost everything.
@sar104 ... I have plenty of Everclear....

Everclear is a pretty good idea. It'll kill anything. You just have to be careful not to drink too much of it. If you do it will kill everything. Be careful out there!

Reactions: Flycaster
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique