DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CPU overload issues

Kdinan

Reactions
Hello everyone,
I’m new to the Mavic 2, I sold my MP1. I’ve been having issues when I record longer videos. The drone seems fine for the first few minutes, then I seem to get a video feed delay that retards messes up my controller responses when flying using the screen. Then My iPhone that’s connected to my controller seems to get extra hot. I have a U3 A2 128gb Sandisk extreme card in it. I also noticed that the video caching is turned on set to auto and 86gb which is the amount of available space on my iPhone. I am also getting CPU overload messages. The iPhone I’m using is the 6S-plus and it’s an extra clean (no unnecessary apps) phone I only use for flying. Am I having problems because the video is being stored to both the card and my iPhone Simultaneously? I don’t need to store the videos to my phone, just go to the card. I apologize for my clumsiness with this as I am somewhat of basic fly and film pilot. I can fly the drone way better than understanding all of its features and settings.

you can disable cache to devise in the app then the pics vids will only be saved on the card in the drone

Reactions: Kdinan and Thomas B
Hello everyone,
I’m new to the Mavic 2, I sold my MP1. I’ve been having issues when I record longer videos. The drone seems fine for the first few minutes, then I seem to get a video feed delay that retards messes up my controller responses when flying using the screen. Then My iPhone that’s connected to my controller seems to get extra hot. I have a U3 A2 128gb Sandisk extreme card in it. I also noticed that the video caching is turned on set to auto and 86gb which is the amount of available space on my iPhone. I am also getting CPU overload messages. The iPhone I’m using is the 6S-plus and it’s an extra clean (no unnecessary apps) phone I only use for flying. Am I having problems because the video is being stored to both the card and my iPhone Simultaneously? I don’t need to store the videos to my phone, just go to the card. I apologize for my clumsiness with this as I am somewhat of basic fly and film pilot. I can fly the drone way better than understanding all of its features and settings.
Yea like @old man mavic said turn off video cache. Honestly, I’m surprised the 6S does well at all. That must be because it’s so clean like you said otherwise I bet it couldn’t handle it. Turning off cache will help greatly

Reactions: Kdinan
It's the phone overheating and throttling down, not the aircraft. Take some measures to keep it cool like shielding it from the sun and removing any case you might have.

Reactions: Kdinan
you can disable cache to devise in the app then the pics vids will only be saved on the card in the drone
Thanks for the info, I don’t remember ever having to disable it with my first mavic. The new one must have been set to default to cache it to the phone. I’ll try disabling it to see how it does.

I had the same issue with the iPad 4 128gb, tried everything but when hot it would fail. Moved to an iPad 5 and it seems to be gone. Seems the MP2 is too much for low end hardware. My P4P had no issue as did my MA. All ran fine with iPad 4. Be careful, I had to return blind just watching the distance tick down to zero to recover my drone

I had the same issue with the iPad 4 128gb, tried everything but when hot it would fail. Moved to an iPad 5 and it seems to be gone. Seems the MP2 is too much for low end hardware. My P4P had no issue as did my MA. All ran fine with iPad 4. Be careful, I had to return blind just watching the distance tick down to zero to recover my drone
DJI Go 4 continues to get more and more resource hungry as well.

Did you check what resolution you are transmitting to the phone? I get a cpu overload on my ipad mini 4 if i'm receiving the signal to my ipad in HD. I switch to the lower resolution and my ipad works perfectly. In the Go4 app there is a setting for this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salvator419