DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crash damage to gimbal

rydude123

Reactions
I've been flying my drone a lot in the past 2 weeks since I got it, and yesterday, I had a fatal crash in a tree and it feel 30 feet down. The gimbal was smashed, and one of the landing struts on the forward right arm was cracked. I've already filled out a online repair form, and I've just shipped it off from the UPS. I live in New York, so does anyone know how long its going to take to get repaired and where it will get repaired? Also, does anyone know the price of repairing a gimbal and a motor arm? Thanks.

I think the MA2 is so new that there won't be a lot of info out there yet. If you have DJI Refresh it shouldn't be a terrible wait but with the current world situation it's probably anyone's guess. Sorry to hear you crashed it and are missing out. Hopefully the wait isn't terrible and you can get back to flying.

I've been flying my drone a lot in the past 2 weeks since I got it, and yesterday, I had a fatal crash in a tree and it feel 30 feet down. The gimbal was smashed, and one of the landing struts on the forward right arm was cracked. I've already filled out a online repair form, and I've just shipped it off from the UPS. I live in New York, so does anyone know how long its going to take to get repaired and where it will get repaired? Also, does anyone know the price of repairing a gimbal and a motor arm? Thanks.
I can guarantee you it will not be repaired. You will pay a repair cost estimate, after an evaluation, and you will receive a "refurbished "/new aircraft with a new gimbal/camera assembly in a plain black inner box, minus RC, minus battery, and minus all accessories. Gimbal/camera assemblies alone are around $300-400, plus hypothetical labor. Everything is now being handled through TX. Expect around two weeks, after receipt on their end, for replacement, if you accept and immediately pay their repair bill estimate. That's currently a reasonable expectation. Good luck!

I hit a low tree branch with my Mavic Pro. it messed up the gimbal and cracked the main body enough for the left rear arm to get pulled out. I sent it to Thunder drones for repair. it took about two weeks but for under $200.00 I was back in the air

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan