DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed šŸ˜¤need help identifying parts...

t-wally83

Reactions
Hello everyone. Well it happened, I came crashing down and broke a "arm" that holds the camera & the wire running to it as well. I am just a hobbyist and do not know the "proper" part name to hopefully be able to order the 2 things and fix it myself or if to expensive I send it in to dji to get replacement. I am hoping I will be able to replace parts and fix it myself cheaper than it would to get replacement from DJI. The pics have numbers by the parts I am needing. I appreciate any and all help I receive! Also amy recommended website(s) to possibly be able to buy these? Again I thank you all! Safe flying everyone!

Attachments

• 20211229_145747.jpg
    20211229_145747.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 50
  • 20211229_145900.jpg
    20211229_145900.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 47
  • 20211229_145832.jpg
    20211229_145832.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 44
I think you will find that the names are somewhat irrelevant as it is likely that the broken arm, 1? (yaw arm?), is unavailable as a separate part and you end up having to buy an entire gimbal assembly, with or without the actual camera in the camera housing.
3) might be referred to as a "camera cable for xyz" or a "gimbal cable for xyz" and IS likely available on the likes of ebay and other auction sites either as working second hand parts or pattern new parts. I treat "OEM" labels with some skepticism! At a guess this cable is likely to to be included in a camera-less second hand gimbal assembly (too much trouble to remove) and might be included in a new one.
2) might be "cover, right? hand side, pitch/roll arm for xyz" and might be available on ebay etc. second hand or in "'bags' of gimbal parts for xyz".

Besides, camera aside, safely extracting the working components from the old gimbal to use with a new yaw arm may prove difficult or impossible.

DJI are unlikely to sell you parts and officially recognised repairers are unlikely to be allowed to sell parts, that's what I found when looking for bits for a Mavic 2 Zoom. A guess for the reasoning behind this is that the drone should really be inspected as there may be crucial damage that would be difficult for the layman to spot.
In addition, if the gimbal assembly is swapped, you would need to research whether or not it needs to be paired to the drone and how far along that process the layman can get without access to DJI software etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78