DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my new drone...

Joe108

Reactions
So i just started like legit just started today bought it charged it downloaded app and went outside. I crashed it... i checked it all around the little led or sencor on the lefr (looks like its eyes) right above it the plastic chipped a little. The sensor or whatever it is looks fine but will the chip throw anything off? Maybe a dumb question but i dont care lol haters hate

So i just started like legit just started today bought it charged it downloaded app and went outside. I crashed it... i checked it all around the little led or sencor on the lefr (looks like its eyes) right above it the plastic chipped a little. The sensor or whatever it is looks fine but will the chip throw anything off? Maybe a dumb question but i dont care lol haters hate
Sorry im on my phone and the phone i have (not the one i use to fly) is ctacked hard to type...

I'm getting my mavic tomorrow. Can you provide more details of the crash, so I don't make the same mistake? Forget to calibrate the compass?

I'm getting my mavic tomorrow. Can you provide more details of the crash, so I don't make the same mistake? Forget to calibrate the compass?
No im just an idiot lol. I got excited. Never had one befor. I legit just wanted to start it up and lift a little. Tbh i was in my living room lmao. I tried to loand it in my hand but when it came in contact it took off and went nuts. So advice is read all instructions do research and dont be a dumbass... also dont recommend for indoors... i ruined my ceiling.... lol

Also yes that too. I realized after lmao. But that wasnt the cause of the crash.

Very sorry to hear about you crashing your new drone unfortunately lessons learned the hard way, this is certainly not to rub salt in the wound but I will chuck my little routine in and it may help next time you fire it up. When getting your new drone I would suggest to charge everything up and read the online manual, take the drone outside and start everything up and wait, it will probably want to download new firmwhere and other odds and sods, if you wifi does not reach that far you may have to take indoors to speed the download process up, it will also show if you need to calibrate anything, I would calibrate the compass even if it does not ask you to. While it is doing this you can get familiar with the app, always make doubly sure that your home point is recorded whenever you start it, I also let it hover before first flight whenever I go anywhere for a minute or two just to make sure everything is ok. Hope this helps, and enjoy your new drones.

Reactions: Joe108
No im just an idiot lol. I got excited. Never had one befor. I legit just wanted to start it up and lift a little. Tbh i was in my living room lmao. I tried to loand it in my hand but when it came in contact it took off and went nuts. So advice is read all instructions do research and dont be a dumbass... also dont recommend for indoors... i ruined my ceiling.... lol

Funny you mention that, because I actually just watched a video earlier stating that the mavic adjusts it's height based off the height of the object under it.

I did the same stupid thing myself, living room, hand catch, went nuts. It sped up as I was holding it and crashed twice. Luckily it's still ok. Be sure to re calibrate everything.

Here's what's happening when you say the drone "went nuts". The downward sensors sense your hand and think it's too close to the ground or some object. It's trying to go up a few feet for better clearance. You can catch it with your hand, but you need to hold on tight. Because it's going to fight you. Also, watch out for the props and don't get cut.

Reactions: qwersar and Joe108
Here's what's happening when you say the drone "went nuts". The downward sensors sense your hand and think it's too close to the ground or some object. It's trying to go up a few feet for better clearance. You can catch it with your hand, but you need to hold on tight. Because it's going to fight you. Also, watch out for the props and don't get cut.

yes the powef is incredible. i have a bunch of extras propellers, but it destroyed my ceiling lol

Very sorry to hear about you crashing your new drone unfortunately lessons learned the hard way, this is certainly not to rub salt in the wound but I will chuck my little routine in and it may help next time you fire it up. When getting your new drone I would suggest to charge everything up and read the online manual, take the drone outside and start everything up and wait, it will probably want to download new firmwhere and other odds and sods, if you wifi does not reach that far you may have to take indoors to speed the download process up, it will also show if you need to calibrate anything, I would calibrate the compass even if it does not ask you to. While it is doing this you can get familiar with the app, always make doubly sure that your home point is recorded whenever you start it, I also let it hover before first flight whenever I go anywhere for a minute or two just to make sure everything is ok. Hope this helps, and enjoy your new drones.
thankyou ya im going outside from now on. i also have sgarted watching some tutorials and reading aome stuff on here.

ha
Funny you mention that, because I actually just watched a video earlier stating that the mavic adjusts it's height based off the height of the object under it.[/QUOTE
ya which means dont try and catch it in your hand indoors unless your ceilings are super high

Please do some reading of the instruction manual and watch some youtube video on how to operate the Mavic.
Good luck!

My first hand grab was outside and the MPP powered up hard when I grabbed it. I was able to hold on with one hand and get the left stick down. If I ever need to hand grab again I will turn off the sensors.

Hey Joe,
Sorry about your loss, lesson learn't eh?!
Can I use your post as my sig???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02