DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crazy

rjbell09

Reactions
New to this, but other day I was flying my mavic pro and when I put in to rth it came home and got about 75 ft coming down it stopped in the air next to a tree then it went to the tree and got stuck in the tree. This was all after I did an update on the firmware. Got it down, but why did it do this. Also the first was about 2000 ft away from me and it lost signal on the phone, but came home rth .all after a firmware update. Help it's only a week old.

Not on the first flight that's when it lost signal but came home good, but the last one I did that's when it went in to the tree.

If your new to the mavic or DJI products do what i did.
Leave it alone for a few days, sit on your laptop and watch as many Mavic instruction videos as you can until your head spins, have a sleep that evening then spend 20 hours reading the forums.
Then take it out and enjoy.

For any other newbies, do not update the Mavic so soon after buying. Try to have a couple of flights and test all of the features straight out of the box. If everything is fine and the latest FW update doesn't provide anything significant, DO NOT UPDATE.

Welcome rj, sorry for your trouble. I learned the hard way not to take off anywhere near a tree. Mine rth and ended up in a tree too.

If your really concerned tie it to 500 feet of 10lb fishing line on a fishing rod and fly it around for an hour or two until your sure it was a glitch.

Reactions: joejaxvic123
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229