DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Creaky arm on new Mavic?

ts747

Reactions
Hey all,

Had my Mavic a few weeks now, flown a few times with no issue - still in brand new condition.

That being said, I've noticed that when folded the left arm (when looking at the drone from above) creaks and has a little give, moving inwards towards the battery.

Is this a common issue or could this be a sign of the arm being faulty/damaged? I haven't had any knocks when flying or otherwise, and the Mavic lives in a case when not in use.

Thanks.

That being said, I've noticed that when folded the left arm (when looking at the drone from above) creaks
If the creak is being caused by the cable rubbing on the inside of the arm (near the joint), then that's normal.

has a little give
What exactly do you mean?

Reactions: ts747
If it's something that can be easily seen, please post a video so we can see what you're describing.

If it's something that can be easily seen, please post a video so we can see what you're describing.

Sorry for the delay, video is up here:

While I'm not sure how clearly you'll be able to see the movement I described, you'll get a sense of the noise coming from the arm. This is with minimal pressure, for what it's worth - I wasn't forcing the drone at all.

My Mavic arms also creak when I push them together like that. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

The Mavic is designed to flex, otherwise if it was too brittle, it would break. Even with the arms fully extended, there is going to be a little give in them, just like the wings on a commercial jet.

Reactions: Ibsen and ts747
Mine do the same, actually arms feel loose, like move side to side, when moving from folded to full position, but no when fully extended.
My buddies is the same, not to worry

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ldh02111