DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crows vs Drones....trust me Crows win

Just curious, did the crow survive? A lot of people here are convinced they could kill a person with a Mavic, so it HAD to have destroyed the fragile crow, Right?

No. The crow just flew directly at it and seemed to just punch it out if the air sending it into a death spiral. The crow flew off laughing, I’m sure?

Sorry for your loss my friend, I feel your pain. That crow looks as big as our turkey vultures here in georgia! That's another reason I bought the state farm personal property insurance for $60/yr it covers all losses with zero deductible.
Thanks for that! Dang. I wish I had thought of that. I did buy full coverage drone insurance, but the one requirement for the coverage is the drone must be sent in; I can’t find mine. I was standing in the last Ping location; nowhere to be found. So this has turned into a serious drone recovery mission. I’m getting a light strobing noise maker transponder (locator, whatever) for this exact reason in the future.?

Thanks for that! Dang. I wish I had thought of that. I did buy full coverage drone insurance, but the one requirement for the coverage is the drone must be sent in; I can’t find mine. I was standing in the last Ping location; nowhere to be found. So this has turned into a serious drone recovery mission. I’m getting a light strobing noise maker transponder (locator, whatever) for this exact reason in the future.?
72659C3A67B80-1AA3-44D4-BDC8-D42D7CB76E24.jpeg

FOUND IT! Looks a little beat up to fly. I think I’ll use my drone in puppet shows now. Thank god for Geek Squad Insurance. I’ll let y’all know how that turns out.

Don’t fly your drones near crows. Just not a good idea. $1500 gone. Drone crashed in deep brush. Finally found and stood on last know location. It is now gone. Get a GPS transponder with strobe and distress alarm to track your drone in these types of situations. ThanksView attachment 72363
Found it!!! Now let’s see if my new puppet will get replaced thanks to Geek Squad insurance!

Attachments

• B473E8DF-AA0B-47BC-B222-E31FB5B1DA6D.jpeg
    B473E8DF-AA0B-47BC-B222-E31FB5B1DA6D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49
Don’t fly your drones near crows. Just not a good idea. $1500 gone. Drone crashed in deep brush. Finally found and stood on last know location. It is now gone. Get a GPS transponder with strobe and distress alarm to track your drone in these types of situations. ThanksView attachment 72363
Would putting Strobe Lights on your Drone keep the Birds away

Reactions: Cullensmith
If you fly a UAV long enough your going to have encounters with birds.

I have had a Peregrine falcon dive bomb my Phantom 4, I had a bald eagle snatch my phantom 4 from the sky and drop it in a river. Ospreys love to dive and pester my Mavic 2 Pro as do hawks.

Vultures seem to be a bit put off by my Mavic 2 and I have never had any problems with crows. So this is good to know.

Oh dont I know it! Ive had many a close calls with hawks especially. The lil bride seem to want to play more than anything so to avoid A) hurting one and B) crashing, ill ascend well above them quickly. But the hawks or crows like this, they dont play thats for **** sure. Im always worried at this time of yr. So sorry for your loss. So very very sorry.

Don't you people read here? Tiny birds???
Just crash right on into them and take them out!
It has been repeated over and over on this forum by well respected members, that a mavic or Phantom can easily take out a full size passenger jet or chinook helicopter in flight. Birds...... LOL! :D :D

Would fitting Strobe Lights to a Drone keep Birds away ?

A low tech deterrent might be reflective tape or decals. I doubt anything is full-proof, but if a bird is dive bombing your drone, something like this might throw them off enough to buy you some time.

Reactions: BigAl07
A low tech deterrent might be reflective tape or decals. I doubt anything is full-proof, but if a bird is dive bombing your drone, something like this might throw them off enough to buy you some time.

Several sUAS Enthusiasts have reported luck by adding "Decal EYES" to their sUAS.

Reactions: Mavrick77 and Shon
Be glad it wasn’t a harpy - 11 pounds of flying velociraptor wouldn’t have given it back. There’s a biologist that had a inspire and it was simply snatched in flight and carried away by one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brandaloo and Shon
It’s seagulls where I live but they tend to stay their distance and just sqwauk at it ???‍♂️

Reactions: Peio64270
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman