DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystal Sky won't shut off

PROBLEM SOLVED. Just in case anyone else has this problem. There is an internal battery that keeps the fan running. I left the main battery disconnected for about an hour, the fan was still running. I then reconnected the main battery and it booted up normally. FYI, when I called DJI tech support they insisted there is no internal battery in the Crystal Sky monitor. However, it clearly states on the rear label that there is an Internal LiPo 3.7v, 980 mah battery. :))

Must be able to turn the external battery off as well as the internal battery.if the monitor is on and you need to change the external battery (flat) the internal battery is used to keep the monitor working (but not the screen display) so when you install fresh battery all still works.
Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to turn off. Pressed on/off button ... message appears .. turn off button the monitor fails to turn off so I try again and usually works. Screen turns off ... no fan noise .. monitor is off.

Must be able to turn the external battery off as well as the internal battery.if the monitor is on and you need to change the external battery (flat) the internal battery is used to keep the monitor working (but not the screen display) so when you install fresh battery all still works.
Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to turn off. Pressed on/off button ... message appears .. turn off button the monitor fails to turn off so I try again and usually works. Screen turns off ... no fan noise .. monitor is off.

Thank you for the explanation. I let it run down and it’s fine now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky