DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm about to buy a Mavic 3 Pro.Remote choice?

offtheback

Reactions
Fly a Mavic 2 Pro now with std controller and Crystal Sky 7.85".Crystal Sky won't work with Mavic3 PRO.Thinking of getting Pro controller because of the 5 way button(I use to control exposure,shutter,F stop on stills).If the pro screen is too small will it work with a Tripletek?Is it easy nough to control photography settings with the base of middle price controllers?I use one of the back buttons on the M2P controller for gimbal 90 degrees down now as well.Like to keep those easy controls.Your thoughts on a controller?Thanks!

Reactions: Kilboar
Definitely get the RC Pro. Everything about it is so much better and more powerful. You can use the Tripletek as an external monitor by using HDMI on the Pro. I don't think you can use the touchscreen.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Get the RC Pro, an amazing RC with much better signal penetration
On the Macic2 Pro,I can charge the controller while flying by plugging it into an external batterry "phone"charger.Possible in Pro controller with the Mavic 3?

Last edited:
On the Macic2 Pro,I can charge the controller while flying by plugging it into an external batterry "phone"charger.Possible in Pro controller with the Mavic 3.
Not sure, have not tried that as the RC Pro battery is plenty enough for me to fly 4 Mavic 3 batteries from 100% down to 10%

On the Macic2 Pro,I can charge the controller while flying by plugging it into an external batterry "phone"charger.Possible in Pro controller with the Mavic 3.
I believe you can. When already turned on, the RC Pro still charges, when it is then connected to the AC charger, showing the green battery icon with the lightning bolt inside it in the upper right hand corner, next to the battery percentage on the main screen. Power brick should work the same. Needs to be USB-C.

Fly a Mavic 2 Pro now with std controller and Crystal Sky 7.85".Crystal Sky won't work with Mavic3 PRO.Thinking of getting Pro controller because of the 5 way button(I use to control exposure,shutter,F stop on stills).If the pro screen is too small will it work with a Tripletek?Is it easy nough to control photography settings with the base of middle price controllers?I use one of the back buttons on the M2P controller for gimbal 90 degrees down now as well.Like to keep those easy controls.Your thoughts on a controller?Thanks!
I do like the Pro controller, but I say like, not love. For me, the biggest shortcoming is battery life and the screen isn’t really that bright. If I am shooting all day with clients, I have several batteries and a portable charge station. I soon exhaust my controller. My workaround is to carry a power brick in my pocket that delivers USB-C to my remote to constantly charge. I need to plug in immediately as this can’t keep up if I start late. I thinks the screens could be brighter. They are 1000 nit and I still use a hood. My Crystal Sky screens for my Inspire 2 are bigger and brighter. Also I have a Cendence controller for my Inspire 2 that uses removable batteries. I wish the RC Pro had this feature. My two cents.

Reactions: offtheback
I do like the Pro controller, but I say like, not love. For me, the biggest shortcoming is battery life and the screen isn’t really that bright. If I am shooting all day with clients, I have several batteries and a portable charge station. I soon exhaust my controller. My workaround is to carry a power brick in my pocket that delivers USB-C to my remote to constantly charge. I need to plug in immediately as this can’t keep up if I start late. I thinks the screens could be brighter. They are 1000 nit and I still use a hood. My Crystal Sky screens for my Inspire 2 are bigger and brighter. Also I have a Cendence controller for my Inspire 2 that uses removable batteries. I wish the RC Pro had this feature. My two cents.
Thanks for your input.

Regarding the DJI RC not-so Pro, be aware that after a firmware update late last Fall, the RC Pro will automatically log you out of the fly app after one month regardless of if you have flown or not.

What that does is limit your altitude to 30M and distance to 50M until you can connect it to wifi or have cell service so you can create a wifi hot spot in order to log in again. There was no heads up regarding this implementation in the update notes, there is no schedule or calendar you can look at, there is no telling when it will do it but rest assured, it will do it when you have no way to log back in thus turning your drone into a training wheel laden toy.

This is the only remote in the DJI line up that does this and applies to all drones supported by it. I can not tell you how glad I am to have two of the regular RC remotes.

Last edited:
Regarding the DJI RC not-so Pro, be aware that after a firmware update late last Fall, the RC Pro will automatically log you out of the fly app after one month regardless of if you have flown or not.

What that does is limit your altitude to 30M and distance to 50M until you can connect it to wifi or have cell service so you can create a wifi hot spot in order to log in again. There was no heads up regarding this implementation in the update notes, there is no schedule or calendar you can look at, there is no telling when it will do it but rest assured, it will do it when you have no way to log back in thus turning your drone into a training wheel laden toy.

This is the only remote in the DJI line up that does this and applies to all drones supported by it. I can not tell you how glad I am to have two of the regular RC remotes.
OY!

Are you sure the DJI RC won't do the same? If the original logging out on the RC Pro was intentional, and not a mistake by DJI, DJI surely would have programmed the DJI RC to do the same! If it is a mistake, it can certainly be fixed in a future FW update. If not, DJI has some explaining to do, as to why they are deliberately doing this, and exactly what the programmed parameters are that trigger the unfortunate logging out, crippling the aircraft when off the grid for extended time periods.

Just buy the M3 Pro with the N3300 grey controller. Play with it, if you need more them buy a Pro controller and sell the grey one for $260. Because the pro cost $1000, you can get a used one for $800. Sell your drone with the regular controller, and your crustal sky separate. Any extra batteries after 3 or fly more combo, sell separately. This way you can maximize your money.
These M 2Pro are going for no more than $800, drone 2/3 batteries filters and charger. Good bird that because of all the Mavic 3 line it has push the price down.
Keep droning my Droner friend buy new sell the old to subsidize the M3 Pro

Reactions: offtheback
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR