DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky 5.5" Initial Review

Heck, some of the watches I wear are twice as heavy as the controller......LOL
Not to mention my adrenaline is pumping so much each time I fly, the weight of the controller/monitor is not an issue.
But I do know some people like to try to keep things as minimal as possible so I understand.

Heck, some of the watches I wear are twice as heavy as the controller......LOL
Not to mention my adrenaline is pumping so much each time I fly, the weight of the controller/monitor is not an issue.
But I do know some people like to try to keep things as minimal as possible so I understand.

However hold the osmo pro and a large screen in one hand for several hours of filming and you'll soon see what I mean. The size is just not practical for the actual platform. If I was just buying it for my drones I'd def buy the bigger one.

Thanks so much for uploading pictures and looking at our requests @agarabaghi, awesome!
I was thinking of having a plate that will fit on the back of the CrystalSky (flush with the backside), but with the thickness of a phone and protruding a bit from the sides, so the controller can clamp on those protrusions... would that work? Is there something to attach such a plate to?

Reactions: RobP62
Thanks so much for uploading pictures and looking at our requests @agarabaghi, awesome!
I was thinking of having a plate that will fit on the back of the CrystalSky (flush with the backside), but with the thickness of a phone and protruding a bit from the sides, so the controller can clamp on those protrusions... would that work? Is there something to attach such a plate to?

That's a great idea too. My $3.00 velcro trick would work on that setup. And no, I don't have stock in velcro inc. LOL

But I bet if you had a 3D printer you could make a plate that not only fit into the controller arms adequately, but also have a clamp built in that would grip the CrystalSky along the top and bottom edges. No?

Reactions: JoostGT3
Won't that plate that I posted earlier so that too? Just don't buy the dji bracket and 'glue' the CS monitor to the plate with whatever you like.

That's a great idea too. My $3.00 velcro trick would work on that setup. And no, I don't have stock in velcro inc. LOL
Yes, I think it would

But I bet if you had a 3D printer you could make a plate that not only fit into the controller arms adequately, but also have a clamp built in that would grip the CrystalSky along the top and bottom edges. No?
Hm, sounds like a good idea... now all I need is a crystalsky and a 3d printer :-D

Won't that plate that I posted earlier so that too? Just don't buy the dji bracket and 'glue' the CS monitor to the plate with whatever you like.
I guess it would, but I am not a fan of the construction where the display stands a little bit above the clamps; I like the regular setup where the display is between the clamps (or close to it)

Yes, I think it would

Hm, sounds like a good idea... now all I need is a crystalsky and a 3d printer :-D

I guess it would, but I am not a fan of the construction where the display stands a little bit above the clamps; I like the regular setup where the display is between the clamps (or close to it)

Surely it would only be mm difference

Yes, I think it would

upload_2017-6-28_15-43-47.png

Red are controller arms. White is the plate. Blue is the clamp part of the plate. It can be at any position so the face of the monitor can be at any depth you want.

It might be IMPORTANT...

The User Guide says on page 5 "DO NOT OBSTRUCT BUILT-IN GNSS"... If we mount CrystalSky in the same slot where we attach the phone (between the arms) we DO obstruct the GNSS...

And now??? What should we do???

I'm curious to see DJI's official mount...

I personally like the size of the 7.85 and the weight do not affect me and i dont use a strap. I think the best soution is going to be some kind of plate in the cellphone holder with a slimmer DJI mount attached to it. Im sure they will have some slick design, the current mount is very beefy.

You guys are forgetting the battery sticks out and youd want to be able to how swap it without taking apart the whole mount.

The controller plugs into the USB C port on the bottom so the side ports being used up isnt a total deal breaker as i dont think many mavic uses are really broadasting to another screen over hdmi.

The buttons are covered but no issue with them being pressed. I find that once ive seen the SRE on the screen i only use the buttons during play back to grab screen shots not during flying.

Ill post some pics of the 7.85" screen on my controller tomorrow when we film.

It might be IMPORTANT...

The User Guide says on page 5 "DO NOT OBSTRUCT BUILT-IN GNSS"... If we mount CrystalSky in the same slot where we attach the phone (between the arms) we DO obstruct the GNSS...

And now??? What should we do???

I'm curious to see DJI's official mount...

I didn't even known it has it built in!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondsa