DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystalsky good or bad?

Thanks guys, I’ll have my CS in a couple of days, yep Christmas pressie. I’ve been reading all the threads/posts regarding it since my wife ordered it back in the “Black Friday” sales, no problems with the CS at all.

The above post #10 just made me a little uneasy hence why I thought I’d ask the question.

Many thanks for clarifying this for me, can’t wait until the 25th to try it out.

Thanks again;)

You will love it. I sat one evening with a little Bourbon and went through all the features. Hooked up the WiFi upgraded the app.

Reactions: Porky
You will love it. I sat one evening with a little Bourbon and went through all the features. Hooked up the WiFi upgraded the app.

I’ll be doing the exact same thing Christmas Day but without the bourbon (Jack Daniels) cos I’ll be flying just after it’s all setup;) Bourbon will be tiggling my tonsils that evening though;)

Thanks for your last couple of posts, minds definitely at rest nowThumbswayup

I have the 5.5 and 7, both are fabulous, nothing compares as far as brightness and compatibility with DJI drones. I do have the 5.5 for sale with a new pro polar mount if interested.

Hi Tony,

Can I ask what made you decide to keep the 7.85 over the 5.5???

Looking to purchase a Crystalsky in the next couple of days, and have been struggling with my choice (smaller vs Larger)..

Thanks

Flew for the first time my M2Z and CS today. Display was head and shoulders brighter than the iPad Mini 4. DJI Go4 app is a little different, me coming from exclusively using IOS devices and the CS using an android version of the Go4 app. All the quick shots were available and worked. Took a dronie and a dolly zoom. Too cold so only flew for half a battery.

Can I ask what made you decide to keep the 7.85 over the 5.5???

Looking to purchase a Crystalsky in the next couple of days, and have been struggling with my choice (smaller vs Larger)..

I've been through the same process myself for the last week. coming from an iPad mini, I just can't go back to the smaller screen. the 7.85 is bulkier, heavier and (where I am) $300 more expensive, but I am afraid I would regret the loss of screen size, especially with my failing sight.

Reactions: Comrepco
I've been through the same process myself for the last week. coming from an iPad mini, I just can't go back to the smaller screen. the 7.85 is bulkier, heavier and (where I am) $300 more expensive, but I am afraid I would regret the loss of screen size, especially with my failing sight.

I purchased the 7.85” CS for the same reason. I didn’t want a smaller screen than the IPad Mini and I didn’t want to lament later if I got the smaller CS.

I had the 5.5 then went up to the 7.85., loved the bigger screen but didn’t like the bulk.I ended up going back to the 5.5.

For me decisive factors were display size and brightness, decided to sacrificed and suffer with extra 200 g weight :)

well it looks like my hopes of picking up a 7.85 at a boxing day sale are crushed. I can't find them on sale anywhere.

While I really like my CS 5.5 I am slightly disappointed with the overall capabilities of it for the price.

Plus
The screen is very sharp and very bright
Battery life is good
Conectivity is also good.(ports etc)

Minus
The unit lacks processing power (IMO)
Can not be used easily as a tablet ( IMO )
You cannot use the additional micro SD slots as additional operating storage.
The screen can be unresponsive at times.
It is the LAST thing that DJI update so you are often at a disadvantage when it comes to patches & updates.

interested.... how do you perceive it lacks processing power? is it laggy, or is there something it won't do?

I thought the dedicated nature of the unit was the point, in that it increases stability through not having to manage other functions. I can see the point regarding patches if they are a bug fix, but as for updates that's exactly how I'd do it - release for your dedicated platform last, after its been thoroughly crowd tested.

interested.... how do you perceive it lacks processing power? is it laggy, or is there something it won't do?

I thought the dedicated nature of the unit was the point, in that it increases stability through not having to manage other functions. I can see the point regarding patches if they are a bug fix, but as for updates that's exactly how I'd do it - release for your dedicated platform last, after its been thoroughly crowd tested.
I agree, if you want tablet, buy one. I bought one as a dedicated unit for my Mavic 2 and the less apps it has to process, the better.

Well I finally got my 5.5 CS setup, Christmas pressie, updated all the firmware, Go4 app, so I’m now ready to fly. Connected it to the M2P, oh what a big difference, 1st reactions, impressed;) so much better than what I was using, an old iPhone 6, difference, night and day;)

Now the next test will taking it out in the field and flying with it. Don’t think I’ll be disappointed;)

oh yay, D1Store is having a "sale". which is, in reality, just a price match offer. no actual discounts.

Only ever had an issue with the sock cable from DJI it kept disconnecting or not connecting without a lot of fuss. Finally found one that seated firmly and reliably. Other than that it’s the only way to fly. iPhone and iPads brightness just don’t cut it

I used my CS for the 1st time today, oh what a great piece of kit compared to my old iPhone 6. No signal loss, very smooth video transfer plus the screens was bright enough in sunlight. Would highly recommend it to anyone;)

I have the large ultra display to use with my Mavic 2 Pro and couldn’t be happier!!

(Very important that you click on the “me” icon and do the firmware update after the initial CS update to make it work with the M2). You did it correctly when you see a Mavic 2 hovering next to a guy standing with his horse on the home screen.

For me the CS decision was primarily based on not having to deal with a sun hood - not only the hassle of setting it all up each time, but also having to manipulate the screen with the sun hood being in the way was a bit of a pain. Now I just snap the CS on the mount and go fly - no matter how bright it is outside!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser