DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystalsky is too hot warning - Why ?

Forestjim

Reactions
1F54AD78-BA2D-4697-AD3D-672812AC29E5.jpeg I updated both of my Ultra & 5.5. I even did a factory reset.
I thought I’d test it today.
It was a sunny day say 29c at lunchtime so thought I’d do some Panos on the Spark with my 5.5.
75% of the time is was in the shade.
The screen was on about 80% bightness
I was on my 2 battery using my CS and the too hot warning came on.
The fan was on. It felt reasonably hot but not real hot, so I took a screen shot and turned off the CS and landed on the sticks.
I’ve had 3 CS’s overheated and burnout the backlight.
Maybe it’s good we are getting a warning and the fan is coming on and hopefully not melting the solder inside the unit.
But they should be able to cope with 29c or 85F.

I am getting the same constant warnings in the shade at 80f also. Going to send it in for repair even tho the fans are coming on.

keep that bottom vent area away from your belly;
however the Ultra does have the stand off though.

Try shutting off all unused apps, Wi-Fi to. It could be a program running in the background or even something left over on the update that first caused the fault to occur. If it were me I would do a full system restore and manually keep the brightness down as much as possible on long flights. I have read of a report of Litchi having had a much quicker overheat problem whilst others using Litchi had not. This does suggest that its the installation that's the problem rather than the update. Let us know if you solve it.

Try shutting off all unused apps, Wi-Fi to. It could be a program running in the background or even something left over on the update that first caused the fault to occur. If it were me I would do a full system restore and manually keep the brightness down as much as possible on long flights. I have read of a report of Litchi having had a much quicker overheat problem whilst others using Litchi had not. This does suggest that its the installation that's the problem rather than the update. Let us know if you solve it.
Hi Brilock,
Thanks for your concern
I’ve got 2 Crystalsky’s an Ultra & 5.5
They all have had factory reset after update.
I don’t run any 3rd party apps.
I only use my Cs’s as a monitor that’s it. As a tablet I think they are a buggy piece of poo.
After going through 4 of them they get no babying from me any more.
If the backlight goes.. I just pack it up and send them back and DJI send them a new one.
I’m just disappointed that they are heating well under 40c.
Wait until summer in the USA more are going to be frying up.

I’ll just keep sending them back.
I wouldn’t be without it as the screen is awesome but that’s it.

I only use my Cs’s as a monitor that’s it. As a tablet I think they are a buggy piece of poo.
After going through 4 of them they get no babying from me any more.
If the backlight goes.. I just pack it up and send them back and DJI send them a new one.
I’m just disappointed that they are heating well under 40c.
Wait until summer in the USA more are going to be frying up.

I’ll just keep sending them back.
I wouldn’t be without it as the screen is awesome but that’s it.

Yeah they sound great!

Reactions: Forestjim
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe