DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky Screen Recorder

Reactions
Good evening everyone,

Has anyone found a good app that works with the CrystalSky that doesn't have any lag? I've tried az screen recorder via apkpure but the lag and transmission is terrible. Any thoughts and suggestions would be great!

Any thoughts and suggestions would be great!
Why don't you use an external HDMI recorder? It might look cumbersome, but works perfect. Just Google for FPV HDMI recorder.

That's what i am using, because the CS is very sensitive/fragile when putting 3rd party software on...

Why don't you use an external HDMI recorder? It might look cumbersome, but works perfect. Just Google for FPV HDMI recorder.

That's what i am using, because the CS is very sensitive/fragile when putting 3rd party software on...
Thank's I've been looking to your suggestion as an option but seriously out of my depth on which one to buy and what external battery pack to pair with it. If you could steer me in a good direction I would be greatly appreciative

It really depends on what you are you doing with the recored footage on the external device. Are you re-use it in sense of editing, post-processing? Do you need audio? And last but not least - budget ... There are units out starting from around $40 up to xxx $. Google is your friend ;-)

My recorder is a Blackmagicdesign Video Assist with 256GB SD card installed. The monitor is run by 2 Canon LP-E6 batteries.

I have multiple use cases such as:
1) Flight recording in FPV scenarios or SAR missions. Thats where my Connex FPV set comes into play:
The Blackmagicdesign monitor is able to display the HDMI stream and record at the same time onto a SD card in ProResHQ quality.

Connex&Blackmagic_s.jpg

2) Using it as secondary monitor with a Crystal Sky device, so a client or whoever want to see the flight looks at the second screen without disturbing the pilot. And of course recording for later use.
If used in a production set, LUT's can be applied, so you, or the director, can properly monitor footage on set with the “look” you need!

CS&Blackmagic_s.jpg

Again - these are use cases in which i am using the HDMI capabilty of the CS or other HDMI signals.
There are other, cheaper solutions out there.
I really depends on what YOU are going to do with it.

// K

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78