DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CrystalSky UltraBright is HERE

Nice! Now go use it and give us your review! Also, show us your mounting set up...please.
So my review, it's really bright. Hurts my eyes in the dark using minimum brightness. Very very easy to see outside. It's a bit laggy sometimes, but the touchscreen is very responsive. I've experienced some video decoding issues with app acting weird, but a quick reboot fixed that. You can install apps with APK files, but a lot of them don't work. Thinking because it has an independent GPS, I installed TomTom Go onto it, but it won't get past the startup screen with an error that it can't connect to TomTom. I also thought this monitor could be handy to watch some shows on the go so I installed Hulu and Netflix onto it. Hulu can't load any videos, but Netflix works perfectly. Going to some drone things, I installed UAV Forecast, but that doesn't work. It can't retrieve your location, and manually typing in your location doesn't work either. I'm guessing it's using Google Map services that are removed from the CS OS. So likewise, B4UFly doesn't work either. I'm hoping DJI can make it possible to allow us to at least use these essential apps as they are the ones pushing for drone safety.

Glad you're enjoying it!

I know what you mean about it being soooo bright even in the dark, I have to hold it at a funny angle lol :D

Let us know if you can get an earlier version of GO4 to install?

Interesting. My UB-CS is on the way. Glad to hear netflix works at least. Not that I'm wanting to load up a bunch of apps, but Airmap would be good to have.

You can install apps with APK files, but a lot of them don't work. Going to some drone things, I installed UAV Forecast, but that doesn't work. It can't retrieve your location, and manually typing in your location doesn't work either. I'm guessing it's using Google Map services that are removed from the CS OS. So likewise, B4UFly doesn't work either.

You might want to try side loading these apps

So my review, it's really bright. Hurts my eyes in the dark using minimum brightness. Very very easy to see outside. It's a bit laggy sometimes, but the touchscreen is very responsive. I've experienced some video decoding issues with app acting weird, but a quick reboot fixed that. You can install apps with APK files, but a lot of them don't work. Thinking because it has an independent GPS, I installed TomTom Go onto it, but it won't get past the startup screen with an error that it can't connect to TomTom. I also thought this monitor could be handy to watch some shows on the go so I installed Hulu and Netflix onto it. Hulu can't load any videos, but Netflix works perfectly. Going to some drone things, I installed UAV Forecast, but that doesn't work. It can't retrieve your location, and manually typing in your location doesn't work either. I'm guessing it's using Google Map services that are removed from the CS OS. So likewise, B4UFly doesn't work either. I'm hoping DJI can make it possible to allow us to at least use these essential apps as they are the ones pushing for drone safety.

Thanks for the review. Do you feel that the CS Ultra is NOT too big for the Mavic controller? I plan on using my IPhone for when I need portability. I’m just really sick of getting the app crashes with my current set up.

Also, I know it’s very bright but can you comment on the color and clarity on the monitor?

Thanks for the review. Do you feel that the CS Ultra is NOT too big for the Mavic controller? I plan on using my IPhone for when I need portability. I’m just really sick of getting the app crashes with my current set up.

Also, I know it’s very bright but can you comment on the color and clarity on the monitor?
The monitor is super clear, in the sun it almost looks like an OLED display. I personally don't feel it too big. I'm getting a lanyard and connecting it to the mounting bracket so I can just wear the CS around my neck. It does get a bit heavy to hold when holding it for 20+ minutes, but you will get used to it. I also let @Thunderdrones use mine today, and he found the thing amazing. I'll let him give a review of it too if he feels like.

The monitor is super clear, in the sun it almost looks like an OLED display. I personally don't feel it too big. I'm getting a lanyard and connecting it to the mounting bracket so I can just wear the CS around my neck. It does get a bit heavy to hold when holding it for 20+ minutes, but you will get used to it. I also let @Thunderdrones use mine today, and he found the thing amazing. I'll let him give a review of it too if he feels like.

Thank you CP for letting me use your CS today. It's really an amazing display, perfect size, not too heavy, and practically no lag. Whether in direct sunlight or in the shade, it was a pleasure to fly with it. @Cyberpower678 knows all the ins and outs of it, but it was easy to use, and very user friendly.

In terms of quality and workmanship, it's a solid unit, just like all DJI products.

Thanks again, CP, for the demo. It was fun flying with you again.

Reactions: Cyberpower678
I tried, it got B4UFly working but nothing else. I'm going to remove these apps for the time being.

I've got Litchi, hover, uav forecast, ugcs and airmap working, it you want to remove all the apps just do a full reset from the settings menu

I've got Litchi, hover, uav forecast, ugcs and airmap working, it you want to remove all the apps just do a full reset from the settings menu
No need. How did you get UAV Forecast running? Even with those services loaded, the app was not able to retrieve my location. Even manually.

Should have never started reading this thread, after half way through it I said what the hell and ordered the bigger ultra and charger and cable.
I noticed that after December 31 the larger size goes up in price to 1000.00
So waiting wasn’t saving me anything [emoji16]

No need. How did you get UAV Forecast running? Even with those services loaded, the app was not able to retrieve my location. Even manually.

It's a bit patchy, turn location services to "device only" and then you have to go outside for the CS gps to get a lock on

Reactions: Ping^Spike
It's a bit patchy, turn location services to "device only" and then you have to go outside for the CS gps to get a lock on
Still no good. It won't even find my zip code, or the USA. I can try typing my location in the search box and it won't find it.

I ordered my ultra from Dji 7 days ago and it still hasn't been shipped after payment being accept after 2 days, why does it take so long? Was supposedly be a shipping time of 7-11 days to the UK, at this rate I won't see it this side of Christmas

Reactions: AlexeyD
Still no good. It won't even find my zip code, or the USA. I can try typing my location in the search box and it won't find it.
Like I said it's a bit patchy, it sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't.

I believe it has something to do with the order in how you load the google services and related apks,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu