DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CsvViewDir\temp is huge, can it be deleted

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

I just happened to check the free space on C: and it was minimal.
On checking with Wiztree I find the above is over 11G.
Can it be emptied?

Is that directing me to contact Bud or a means of drawing his attention to the thread?

I just happened to check the free space on C: and it was minimal.
On checking with Wiztree I find the above is over 11G.
Can it be emptied?
Go for it. CsvView should do a better job of removing the unused stuff in that directory. I'll try to change that in the next version.

Ta.
I am running a lot of files through it so no complaints, just wanted to check etc.
Having just had a look in there prior to deleting the files I think they are coming from a command line 'script', not actually a straight forward running of CsvView.

Reactions: BudWalker
I often wonder how much junk is in the temp folders in Windows. Unfortunately some of what's in them you may actually need. MS made the mistake for a long time in putting cache copies of MSI installs there. When you deleted those, you couldn't do updates or uninstalls.

That's interesting and might explain some old behaviours I have seen but this wasn't the normal temp, it was CsvView's own temp.
However I think the files were left because I ran
FORFILES /m *.txt /C "TXTlogToCSVtool /c @file @fname.csv"
in the command line on/in a folder holding 600-ish logs lol, maybe it uses CsvView's folders for temporary storage

Is that directing me to contact Bud or a means of drawing his attention to the thread?
I was just looping him in to make sure he didn't miss this.

Reactions: BudWalker
Microsoft finally got smart and put the MSI cache files in the install folder.
One time however a client got really low in disk space. Analysis showed the install folder had gigs of files in there. Apparently an update kept failing so useless files were piling up due to the failure.
MS had a utility to clean that up, intended for Office installs, but repealed it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78